News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wanted gell seat for 2005 tiger 955

Started by vtclark91, December 13, 2011, 02:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtclark91

I am looking for a gel seat for a 2005 tiger 955. please email me at mailto:vtclark91@aol.com">vtclark91@aol.com if you have one in good shape to sell. Thanks, Van

Bixxer Bob

just my humble opinion, but having owned one and gone back to the original, you can do better for less money...... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"just my humble opinion, but having owned one and gone back to the original, you can do better for less money...... :roll:
I have been looking at the gel seat option,but it seem's I can have both seats recovered,reprofiled & customised to my requirements for the same money,would be interested in other option's though & if anyone can recommend a upholsterer,general opinion's alway's seem to lead to Tony archer or digger seat's

Chris Canning

As Bob/John said don't do it,a few years back when there was a gel seat frenzy!!,yea I got sucked into it as well,the problem the initial feel is fantastic and when fitted e'm thought they were great.

200 miles down the road they were like concrete an absolute nightmare,the fact that if you leave e'm out in the sun and you get back on the bike and your arse gets cooked medium rare is almost a minor detail.

After suffering them for a 2 week on the road holiday,came back,on ebay gone,don't waste your money.

Although oddly enough might be a better option for short distance riding!!

When it comes to seats and bums,have found it's down to how match fit your backside is,rather than the seat.

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"As Bob/John said don't do it,a few years back when there was a gel seat frenzy!!,yea I got sucked into it as well,the problem the initial feel is fantastic and when fitted e'm thought they were great.

200 miles down the road they were like concrete an absolute nightmare,the fact that if you leave e'm out in the sun and you get back on the bike and your arse gets cooked medium rare is almost a minor detail.

After suffering them for a 2 week on the road holiday,came back,on ebay gone,don't waste your money.

Although oddly enough might be a better option for short distance riding!!

When it comes to seats and bums,have found it's down to how match fit your backside is,rather than the seat.
If it's down to the individual's arse size,then I'm gonna have to find a way to strap a single mattress to my Tiger :cry:

Chris Canning

With a bog stock seat that's on the Tiger now we've done a 1000 mile day and if I'm honest it was piss easy,but we'd been on the road for two weeks,if I rode down the road now my arse would be killing me after 75 miles(or less),because the amount of riding done of recent is nil.

And of course a decent pair of leather trousers.

Also done a 1000 miler on an FJ 1200,but blimey that was hard work.

BEEZZER

I have one for sale. Rode it for a little while but then bought a Corbin. Yours for a reasonable offer + shipping from Canada.

BEEZZER

I have one for sale. Rode it for a little while but then bought a Corbin. Yours for a reasonable offer + shipping from Canada.