News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The book did not work when adjusting the chain, weird...

Started by Basri..., August 11, 2010, 09:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

with the swingarm fully extended ( rear wheel off ground )
the distance between the top of a new rub block and the swingarm chain slider is  the width (thickness) of the chain

theclowncrusty

Thanks Mustang, that is about where I set it when i first welded my bracket on but it looked too tight and rub block showed a lot of wear for the miles that i put on the bike since fitting the block. So i loosened it up a bit.
 I will have a look at the weekend and adjust to your recomendations. How many miles should i expect to get out a block? So i can keep a spare in stock for when it needs replacing.
Crusty

Mustang

GENERAL RULE OF THUMB FOR ME IS NEW CHAIN = NEW SLIDER AND RUB BLOCK

Bob Tosi

QuoteThan removed the not working Triumph clock, installed a Voltmeter instead (12V when ignition on, 14V when running, i think this is good)

Good move, yes you're right 14v is very good.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

theclowncrusty

Just before i set my chain then go to a bike rally this weeknd, can you confirm again what the tension should be on the rub block. The thickness of the chain, or the thickness of the chain plus the chain itself?

Picture "A" or "B" below?

Thanks in advance for the tec help.
Crusty

Mustang

with the rear wheel off the ground and the swing arm hanging fully extended ...........picture A the width of the chain only

theclowncrusty

Thanks Mustang, i will have a look at it tomorrow night.