News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger calipers

Started by rybes, December 20, 2011, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

ah ha, got ya.not really bout tiger calipers but it tis bout triumph ones.does my memory work as i think i remember seein a triumph with triumph branded 6 pots that will fit sprint legs ? gunna get this 3 spoke conversion job done nex year but id like to fit 6 pot calipers. i know tockico ones fit but id rather have the ones with triumph splodged on em if there are any  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Yup, there are Triumph six pots, also known as Alcons, BUT, they are getting pretty rare.
They were fitted to the Triumph Super 111.
I had a set on Steamer number 1, but i got an offer i couldn`t refuse for them from a Super 111 owner.
The Tokico and any 6 pot will fit as long as they are 90mm mounting hole centres  :)

rybes

the search begins  :lol:  if i cant find any maybe ill somehow get a castin made so i can stick it on  :wink:

just checked you can still get em new from triumph

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_m ... ck_03=3645

:shock:

Nick Calne

Scary numbers!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

Here`s what you`re looking for mate

rybes

your doin this on purpose aint ya  :roll:

Nick Calne

Apart, obviously, being much, much cooler - what are the perceived advantages of 6 pots over four?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

stoppies :ImaPoser

seriously though , they have more grip on the rotors for increased braking , although I don't really see the need on a tigger for my needs , cuz you will just lock the wheel up on a dirt road really really easy , me thinks

rybes

for me itll be tha added stoppin power and bling factor of the triumph logo. got tockico 6 pots on another bike i own and they stop the bike like ridin throu a deep muddy puddle. so alcons have gotta be good. they look slightly more substantial than the tockicos too so they shouldnt suffer with the flexin tockicos are supposed to have.

rf9rider

I had them on Steamer 1 before i sold them, weren`t much better than the rebuilt Nissin 4 pots i replaced them with to be honest.
Perhaps they were in need of a rebuild, although they do look more substantial than the Tokico 6 pots, and looked like they wouldn`t flex much.