News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2007 Triumph Tiger ABS, ****SOLD****

Started by dentedvw, November 27, 2011, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dentedvw

Yup, official doodads. Like the boxes, complete with discourteous shopper marks, and one "Oops did I just, yeah I did" mark.

The Tiger has about 35k miles.

I will include the ADV and STN stickers for free, because I like you, as yet unnamed Tiger buyer. They are probably not hard to remove, I removed one from another bike without much trouble.

Additional doodads you will get with this fine machine:
    -Triumph handguards, which have saved my knuckles from a stone or two.
    -Antilock Brakes, which work very well, allowing you to panic stop in an incredibly short distance, saving that deer for hunting season.
    -Throttlemeister cruise control. Great for long slogs on the freeway.
    -Crash bars. I recommend you don't crash, but if you must, these will help keep you from destroying the engine.
    -Taller windscreen (and stock unit) in pretty darn good condition.
    -Super blinky stop lights guaranteed to be seen by everyone everywhere. I can take them off if you don't care for them, there is debate about whether they distract or make you more noticeable. I haven't been rear ended yet at a stoplight, draw your own conclusions.
    -Wee little scroll button on the left hand controls to scroll through the computer options. This is so much better than trying to press the button on the gauges while riding.
    -Extra rear tire, as this one is near the end
    -12V outlet on the fairing, right side. Good for plugging in phone charger, tire pump, Christmas lights, portable cooler, etc.
    -Ridiculous tiny 12v outlet only useful for expensive items from the touratech catalog on the left side lower plastic panel, for whatever reason. You can tell I never used it. :)
    -Rebuilt engine to correct piston ring trouble, by the Triumph dealer. This was done within the first year and a half of original purchase, where the bike then spent the next near year as it took ages to get the parts and get it done. I bought it shortly thereafter when the previous owner had just about given up. He bought a BMW to ride in the meantime, and had just taken delivery of it when the Tiger was finished. He didn't want to sell it, but had too many bikes, wife was asking questions, etc. I still have all the receipts from this work.
    -Lowering rear link (not currently installed, from previous owner)
    -Center stand which works beautifully in windstorms.
    -Super sweet golden yellow color makes you look like a bumble bee.
    -Oury cushy handlebar grips.
    -Garmin GPS and Ram mount can stay, or go, it's negotiable. Just updated to City Navigator 2012 and I think I left on the Utah Topo maps too.
    -Original side grab bars are here somewhere, but were replaced by those that hold on the boxes.
    -British flag tire valve covers. Swanky!
    -Rather new rear brake pads, replaced in August.

I really enjoy this bike, but it's not the right touring bike for me. I am tempted too easily by dirt roads and single track, and this beast is far too nice to be throwing around in the bushes. At least to me. You can do whatever you like with it. The five gallon tank ensures you will get there and back. The computer tells you when you are getting low, and even estimates how many miles remain. It is reported to go about twenty miles past indicating empty also, but I never ran it out. The computer tells you other good stuff too, like average speed, top speed, average MPG, current MPG...

And all this can be yours for the low price of $5900!!
Conveniently located near Salt Lake City in Woods Cross, but would be glad to meet up also, provided the weather is fair enough.

Two items shown that I am keeping are the tiny wind deflector thing and the PIAA lights, which aren't working in any case. Dead relay, faulty switch. You get to keep the awesome though. And get used to being asked what it is, and hearing stories from other people about how they always wanted a Triumph, or how they had one or how unusual it is to them or how they remember one time in a Triumph TR6...

If you are wondering about the size of the boxes, I regularly used them for groceries, occasionally strapping the larger items on the seat with bungees.

NADA says:
Low Retail $5,931
Average Retail $7,751
http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...dard-Equipment

If you think the price it way off, send me a message, I am glad to discuss it.

I think the pictures are showing up, for some reason my Firefox doesn't show them, but the code looks right. Someone tell me if they see them please?

I can only give you what I think you said you thought you wanted. ~ D. Adams

dentedvw

Also, I would consider trades, for example I would like to find a nice E250/350 to start a family adventure wagon build. :)

Alternately, I would partial trade for a KLR or DR650 too. I am pretty flexible.

KuzzinKenny

Hey dentedvw !! lookin good on Opera  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey dentedvw !! lookin good on Opera  :thumbsup

KK

Just to translate the statement made by my dear Scottish friend, he means the photos are appearing quite nicely, and that he likes your bike, thank you.  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"

KK

Just to translate the statement made by my dear Scottish friend, he means the photos are appearing quite nicely, and that he likes your bike, thank you.  :lol:

PMSL :ImaPoser
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"

KK

Gonnie no dae that  :P
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dentedvw

Bunch a jokers, I tell you. :)
Really let me know if the price seems too high.

Sin_Tiger

:oops:  seriously looks like a good deal for someone, not familiar with US prices but you may be up against a few guys selling up in anticipation of the Explorer.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dentedvw

I don't know what the Explorer is, do I want one?  :P

dentedvw

Oh, I see, it appears to be quite the beast.

dentedvw