News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keep the Girly or buy a Beaker

Started by dino246, January 03, 2012, 03:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dino246

Well after much personal reflection I think I'm going to keep my Girly. The 800 is a great bike but not compelling enough to give up my bike. I know it mechanically and I like it.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "dino246"Well after much personal reflection I think I'm going to keep my Girly. The 800 is a great bike but not compelling enough to give up my bike. I know it mechanically and I like it.

Well I've found absolutely no advantage in relative old age apart from the fact I've got more money than 30 years ago,I've seen the 1200 up close and personnel and some!!! and could afford to buy one tommorow, while the motor will undoubtable be something special,I'll pass on the rest and keep my 955.

DeuceBG

Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "cascadetiger"56 years old.  I am at the point that I don't care as much how fast my bike goes, but how it looks,. sounds, and feels.

As my wife pointed out to me!!'The average man live 3 score years and ten' so if your one of the lucky ones and live that long you'll be dead in 14 years!! me less!! buy e'm while you can,your a long time dead thats what my wife tells me so I do :D

The only rule in the house it has to carry two people,the trade off I can spend as much as I like on biking!! and I do  :oops:

You oughta start cloning your wife, you'd make a fortune I reckon... 8)
Black 2006 955i Tiger
Denim Black 2011 Harley Streetbob bored out to 103"

dino246

Now to get those last few prices of farkle to make her complete.

D-Fuzz

Quote from: "dino246"Well after much personal reflection I think I'm going to keep my Girly. The 800 is a great bike but not compelling enough to give up my bike. I know it mechanically and I like it.

Tough to argue with that line of reasoning. :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

cascadetiger

Speaking of wives, when we were dating my wife would get on the back of my CB650 and ride all over southern  Wisconsin.  After we were married, I said let's go for a ride.  She said, no way, I never did like that thing.  I am thinking, what else do I think we have in common that we really don't!  We've been married 30 years now, so I guess we have more than motorcycles.  That said, she supports my riding and never complains about me buying a bike or stuff for it.

PeteH

Two of the group I ride with have sold their 800`s.. both sold their 1050`s for em, one could`nt get on with it and now rides a Daytona 675 the other had two off`s and has gone back to a 1050.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JTT

Quote from: "PeteH"Two of the group I ride with have sold their 800`s.. both sold their 1050`s for em, one could`nt get on with it and now rides a Daytona 675 the other had two off`s and has gone back to a 1050.

Sounds like an identify crisis.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

blacktiger

To answer the original question. Keep the 955 AND buy the XC.
That's what I did. That way you keep a really good road bike in the 955 for those commutes or long trips which have no dirt plans in them and that keeps the miles down and the tyre fresh on the new XC.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "DeuceBG"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "cascadetiger"56 years old.  I am at the point that I don't care as much how fast my bike goes, but how it looks,. sounds, and feels.

As my wife pointed out to me!!'The average man live 3 score years and ten' so if your one of the lucky ones and live that long you'll be dead in 14 years!! me less!! buy e'm while you can,your a long time dead thats what my wife tells me so I do :D

The only rule in the house it has to carry two people,the trade off I can spend as much as I like on biking!! and I do  :oops:

You oughta start cloning your wife, you'd make a fortune I reckon... 8)

More like I'd have a fortune :D ,we have a bike I'd like to sell,no she says it's staying,what to collect dust i say,yes she says :roll:

jphish

+1 on Blacktiger suggestion. I sold my Uly & WAS going to trade in 06' Girly to get 800xc. I was riding it up to dealer & thought, "this really IS a fine machine! So now the "tail of 2 tigers" continues - no regrets. Kinda wish I had Uly back too - all 3 fun & very different machines. Good luck with dilemma. Cheers, j