News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger - R1200GS comparison

Started by ridin gaijin, December 15, 2004, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

Quote from: "fitele"Does anyone have experience with outfitting the Tiger for "B roads?

You mean B roads like this?

Or this?

Is this a C or even a D road?

Nice pavement, no?

Nope, no idea at all how to kit bikes for anything other than a super highway.... :twisted:

fitele

Great photos of a Tiger at work: In Texas, we would pave this baby, install sweepers and a BIG MAC> Great to see the world still has great places to use the Tiger.  For road classifications, the would fall into the "C" catagory with "D" reserved for trails.
Tiger Running

05 Tiger

03\' Ducati ST4S

96\' Ducati 900CR

96\' DR650

ridin gaijin

Good god, this thread won't die. 800 views? Have you all nothing better to do? Fer chrisskae I'm stuck in lower Connecticut with two kids and no bike, but please, get out and ride! I'm in withdrawal and need some reports! Looks like I better shelve that Tiger --> Honda Civic comparo I was goinna do...

It's still true--I bet most of us would rather ride with a BMW rider than alongside a BMW driver.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

fitele

I ride every day- rain or shine: I ride to work and I work to ride; 80 miles

96 Ducati 900SS    69.758 miles

96 Suzuki DR 650  10,758 miles

2003 Ducati ST4S  11,234 miles

2003 Ducati 749S    4,200 miles

2005 triumph Tiger  1, 202 miles

1992 Aerostar: 212,000 miles......

Ride smooth. Ride safe.
Tiger Running

05 Tiger

03\' Ducati ST4S

96\' Ducati 900CR

96\' DR650

SIBBO

Hi fitele,

By the look of your extensive stable you really take this motorbiking seriously.

Nice selection of machines which all look well ridden from the mileages.

Welcome to our little internet gang :D

robbo

Fantastic pics, proof enough that the Tiger can do anything a GS can do but faster. :twisted:  :P

I only wish there was landscapes like that to play with in the UK.

:(
best Regards

Robbo

Sasquatch

Quote from: "fitele"Great photos of a Tiger at work: In Texas, we would pave this baby, install sweepers and a BIG MAC> Great to see the world still has great places to use the Tiger.  For road classifications, the would fall into the "C" catagory with "D" reserved for trails.

The first photo is in Ouray, CO., the next 2 are in Idaho, the last two are in Moab.

Yes, there are still lots of areas in the US to ride.

Mr Mistoffelees

ha ha ha love this debate err i mean constructive communication  :lol:

I Like the GS and Tiger in equal amounts but went with the Tiger for 3 reasons :

1,  Price (including fitted extras).

2, The main dealer is only 8 miles away instead of 30 for BMW.

3, Its British and so am I what what  :lol:

As far as build quality arguments go, all I can say is its doing well so far on winter treated roads.

Time will tell as for engineering quality.
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions