News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1200 stator in a 955i??????

Started by Tigger_rider, January 06, 2012, 05:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigger_rider

Hi All   Anyone have any idea if the stator/regulator from the new 1200 Tigger will fit the older motors?  The higher output sure would solve a bunch of problems for us over farkled riders. Looks like a trip to the friendly Triumph shop is in order.   OLY

06 Tiger

Mustang

Highly doubtful ..................  :cry:

LTB

It's a completely new engine so I doubt it too.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

AK Tiger

It appears to be a "no-go".  According to the information I saw on the 1200 and what the Triumph guy said at the Long Beach bike show, the 960W ( :D !!) charging system is based on an automotive style alternator (i.e. you vary the field circuit input to vary the output).  There's no way to get there from here to with the 955 system.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

Tigger_rider

Darn  Hoped for easy power increase.  Plan B on farkle list is batt isolator and second larger battery to run heated gear and big lights. Leave stock battery for stock stuff only.   OLY