News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

European Trip Planning

Started by Goodwinsplace, March 31, 2012, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Another one for your list maybe on the way home is this place,we went there a few years ago and it blew our socks off,the joys of having a connection in Spain for insider info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinch%C3%B3n

Goodwinsplace

Chris thanks for all the feedback,
The post on my blog mentions both the outward day by day plan and return trip, planning is mainly on the outward as the return is pretty direct and the ferry gives us set times, I will take a look at Chinchón to see if we can take this in on the return.

Andorra sounds good, will see if I can find anything online, is there a certain area of shops or spread out?
My personal journey on two wheels: MotorbikeTest.info Blog

John Stenhouse

Chris this is probably a bit too far south for you but how about the gorge du verdon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorge_du_Verdon
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Goodwinsplace"Chris thanks for all the feedback,
The post on my blog mentions both the outward day by day plan and return trip, planning is mainly on the outward as the return is pretty direct and the ferry gives us set times, I will take a look at Chinchón to see if we can take this in on the return.
Andorra sounds good, will see if I can find anything online, is there a certain area of shops or spread out?

Pas del la Casa is a high street,the center of Andorra town is shop city,it's what the Dover/Calais thing was to us Brits,but it's mainly(now that the exchange rate is crap) for the French/Spanish,the majority of bike shops are from the town center to the boarder,be carefull not to go on the little bypass around the town you'll miss loads of e'm.

What I haven't put  :oops: ,what you are going to do,is our only kind of bikeing now,and has been for years,we have only ever been turned over twice at customs,both times going out of Andorra into Spain,they are after booze and fags,it's an experience I can tell you,the hotel was 200yds from the boarder,just packed everything and they wanted the whole lot out   :roll:

I see John has put a link to the Gorge du Verdun,it's nice but a real tourist trap  :( ,in comparison to travelling down through central Spain a rank outsider.

If your only experience of Spain is the package kind,boy are you in for a culture shock,you'll need a grasp of the language,even if it's only a phrase book.

John Stenhouse

I'll leave it to you then Chris! After all you are the expert on Euro travel and bikes and testing and..................... :roll:

I know it's the Brummie way mate but I thought the idea was to give him lots of options, I agree Spain is fabulous but I also like France and the Gorge Du Verdon is quite spectacular and generally isn't too busy as long as you don't go in French holiday time.

Chris Canning

Don't ever fall off a bike John you appear to have thin skin  :lol: ,like I said it's nice but a tourist trap.

John Stenhouse

And of course your opinion is always right  :lol:

Spud

Chris's opinions cannot always be right bcause mine are  :shock:   :oops:

In any case this months Ride mag (may issue) has a Euro trip planned out on page 155 may be worth a look,

cheers Spud

Chris Canning

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"And of course your opinion is always right  :lol:

Who's right and who's wrong is the problem of the original poster,he's got two choices,you seemed to be consumed by a minor detail,were dealing with a guy who have never travelled Europe before and he needs as much info as he can get,what he makes of it is up to him.

Try Verdun in northern France,park up at the memorial and look(still after all these years) at the shell holes for as far as the eye can see :shock: ,or another eye opener the Thiepval(memorial).

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Spud"Chris's opinions cannot always be right bcause mine are  :shock:   :oops:

In any case this months Ride mag (may issue) has a Euro trip planned out on page 155 may be worth a look,

cheers Spud

I'd have thought you'd have told him about Oradour never mind the mag :wink:

John Stenhouse

But which one? Sur Vire or sur Glane?

There was an article a little while ago that said it was a mistake and the village they meant to target was Oradour sur Vire which was a resisitance stronghold.

Spud

Quote from: "Chris Canning"http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,9794

Would of done if I was clever enough to work out how to post the link  :oops:

cheers for doing that mate Spud  :wink: