News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Meet Up 2012

Started by aesdj, January 11, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "aesdj"
Quote from: "blacktiger"P.S. Jason, Will, don't forget to recce some nice wet fords. Just for uncle John from Nofuck.

I'll see what I can do for you. I'll have a word with a lad from work that does off roading about a route for you slightly insane lot that fancy it. I won't be able to tell you anything about it though as I don't do that sort of stuff,sorry.

Thanks to who ever for changing the poll,cheers.

Actually I'm not too bothered about an actual off road route. I might well be on my Girly. Just a couple of fords will do. This site will help http://www.wetroads.co.uk/
Hey Blacktiger, have you put the word out on the 800 forum? The more the merrier i say  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

I'll do it right now. :) we'll see if they have their reading glasses on this time. Looks like they've decided to allow all types of Tiger into their event.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Dilbert

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"
Quote from: "blacktiger"[quote="aesdj Hey Blacktiger, have you put the word out on the 800 forum? The more the merrier i say  :D

Yes he has  :wink:

Though you may come to wish he hadn't

Spotted a couple of names I know on here from other forums, yes, it's THAT Dilbert  :lol:
2011 white Tiger 800 roadie, with a naff tiger decal on the tank so you know it\'s me!

blacktiger

Quote from: "Dilbert"Though you may come to wish he hadn't

Why's that? A Tiger rider is a Tiger rider is a Tiger rider. We're not fussy.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "Dilbert"Though you may come to wish he hadn't

Why's that? A Tiger rider is a Tiger rider is a Tiger rider. We're not fussy.

Speak for yourself :!:  

They must at least be prepared to have a good time with an A1 bunch of like-minded people & possibly partake in a beverage or two after a great day's riding / falling off in the mud  :oops: & ridng through various planned ankle wash stations / fords :!:  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Dilbert

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"They must at least be prepared to have a good time with an A1 bunch of like-minded people & possibly partake in a beverage or two after a great day's riding / falling off in the mud  :oops: & ridng through various planned ankle wash stations / fords :!:  :D

Ahhh, yes I see you ride the roads of Staffordshire too  :D

So what's happening then  :?:
2011 white Tiger 800 roadie, with a naff tiger decal on the tank so you know it\'s me!

aesdj

Well Dilbert at the 2011 meet BlackTiger kindly volunteered me to arrange this years meet (cheers mate). As I'm from Yorkshire this is were the meet is being held. This is one idea for the camping http://www.masonscampsite.co.uk/Welcome_.html and this is the local pub http://www.craven-cruckbarn.co.uk/pub.htm   . If you use this link you can see the site and how far the pub is from it. Don't worry everyone, its not as far as the 2010 pub  :lol: . This is early in the planning and this is what I've found so far but once the bikes on the road (1 April) I'll drive out and have a proper look and time the walk to the pub. These may all change as I've said this is what I've come up with so far.At the minute we our just deciding the date.

edit by mustang : link to pub website fixed

blacktiger

Quote from: "aesdj"Well Dilbert at the 2011 meet BlackTiger kindly volunteered me to arrange this years meet (cheers mate). As I'm from Yorkshire this is were the meet is being held. This is one idea for the camping http://www.masonscampsite.co.uk/Welcome_.html and this is the local pub http://www.craven-cruckbarn.co.uk/pub.htm   . If you use this link you can see the site and how far the pub is from it. Don't worry everyone, its not as far as the 2010 pub  :lol: . This is early in the planning and this is what I've found so far but once the bikes on the road (1 April) I'll drive out and have a proper look and time the walk to the pub. These may all change as I've said this is what I've come up with so far.At the minute we our just deciding the date.

edit by mustang : link to pub website fixed

Looks good. Particularly like the pub. "Society for the preservation of beer from the wood" & 8 beers to try. NICE!
It's 0.4 miles from the bottom of the campsite to the pub. I think we can manage that.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"........It's 0.4 miles from the bottom of the campsite to the pub. I think we can manage that.

Is that according  to your satnav? :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "blacktiger"........It's 0.4 miles from the bottom of the campsite to the pub. I think we can manage that.

Is that according  to your satnav? :lol:

No John. Mapsource and Google Earth.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

Quote from: "blacktiger"Looks good. Particularly like the pub. "Society for the preservation of beer from the wood" & 8 beers to try. NICE!
It's 0.4 miles from the bottom of the campsite to the pub. I think we can manage that.

Well if BlackTiger's giving it the thumb's up and he's a real ale man then it should do for all the drinkers of the group. I'll ring the camp site tommorow to check that they'll take 15+ biker's and e-mail the pub about meals etc.

PeteH

I fancy a bit of this bash :D  but cant vote on a date as our crew is in Scotland May / June and no dates have been confirmed.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

John Stenhouse

I'm not opening my gob this time, I'll wait for the dates from everyone else, if it fits I'll come, but like Pete I'm in France from mid June til early July and no dates confirmed yet.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aesdj

I've been in touch with both the pub and camp site and the pub is fine about the numbers but it would help if they know before hand how many per night would like a meal.The campsite also said its fine but with it being in high season its a minimum of 2 nights.For one person in a tent it is £10 p/n and for 2 in a tent its £17 p/n.This includes all the facilities which to be honest I think we'll only need the showers.They will need £20 depoist per booking which can be done on line or over the phone.If people can say if this is ok or not  then we'll go with majority.