News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Meet Up 2012

Started by aesdj, January 11, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Sounds good to me.
Have to wait for date to be confirmed first for me.

blacktiger

I just started a thread on the RAT site http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/19 ... ost2125156 to get more interest.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

How far are we from picking a date? I haven't voted because I don't have any strong reason for doing so. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"How far are we from picking a date? I haven't voted because I don't have any strong reason for doing so. :roll:

Same here guys. Not voted, as all dates are good for me :D
When will the voting close so we can 'red circle' the calender :?:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

aesdj

I was going to give it to mid/late Feb or do people need it ending sooner as to book the dates at work etc. Must say that I hope we do July as I'm booked to do this http://rblr1000.co.uk/ and I may need to do some serious arse kissing to do both in one month.

blacktiger

Quote from: "aesdj"Must say that I hope we do July as I'm booked to do this http://rblr1000.co.uk/ and I may need to do some serious arse kissing to do both in one month.

Well you'll have to persuade those that haven't voted yet to vote for July. Late July is the only date I can do. June 2nd I'll be in Canada.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

The Midnight Rambler

Weekend of 7/8 July is festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

CoolHandLuke

Looks a nice pub and location.  Let's hope it is a winner.

oldbanker2003

Looks good Real ale, Tigers, Camping will try and be there.

steve

aesdj

I was hoping to be able to close the poll and have a date to work to but as it is there's two dates with the same ammount of votes. June 2nd which is a bank holiday so the traffic could be a pain and July 21st. My plan from the start was to have it in July as the last two meets have been July. From now on and to make it easier for everyone maybe we need to make it the same month every year.How about we start a thread with a poll to decide which month from now on the meet will be held.I don't know how to resolve the clash of dates so any suggestions would help.For me the 21st July would be the date to use.

NeilD

looks like the July date has just edged in front..  :)

mat-tiger1

Well aesdj, worry no longer! i've decided to vote for the 21st of july not only because it suits me better, but also because we need to firm a date up! I for one will need feeding on the Friday & the Saturday night, so count me in for food! (& beer!) Hope we can bolt something down soon, can't wait!  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

aesdj

Cheers mat you've sorted it for me. Right everyone it's been decided we are meeting up on the weekend of Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July. I've got a route sorted for the Saturday althought I've got to ride it and make sure it's not to long. I've not looked into fitting in a ford as yet and looking at the map of were we our I may struggle but I'll check out the web site blacktiger posted.

Sin_Tiger

I think you're right, time to make a call.

Could I suggest my independence seeking brethren, Pandas and Anyone else inclined for a meet/run on the June weekend North of the Border where the traffic is liable to be lighter.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July is good for me and annual leave booked (hopefully granted), will of course require filling up with food on Fri and Sat. Thanks for your work in organising, all we have to do now is book the warm blue sky weather. :D
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.