News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Meet Up 2012

Started by aesdj, January 11, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "metalguru"Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July is good for me and annual leave booked (hopefully granted), will of course require filling up with food on Fri and Sat. Thanks for your work in organising, all we have to do now is book the warm blue sky weather. :D

When do you figure on riding up? I'm off Friday, Sat & Sunday so can go any time Friday.
I can make up an interesting route for an all day Friday if you're interested.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

metalguru

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "metalguru"Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July is good for me and annual leave booked (hopefully granted), will of course require filling up with food on Fri and Sat. Thanks for your work in organising, all we have to do now is book the warm blue sky weather. :D

When do you figure on riding up? I'm off Friday, Sat & Sunday so can go any time Friday.

This sounds like a plan,
Just need to get A/L granted as a week before Olympics so probably wont know for sure till nearer the date.
If all good then yes would like to ride up Friday pref AM for an all day.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

mat-tiger1

Now the dates are decided, is anyone  from the  south or the midlands  planning to travel up on the Friday  :?:  We could perhaps get a bit of a Tiger convoy going :!:   :!:  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: "metalguru"
Quote from: "blacktiger"

This sounds like a plan,
Just need to get A/L granted as a week before Olympics so probably wont know for sure till nearer the date.
If all good then yes would like to ride up Friday pref AM for an all day.

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"Now the dates are decided, is anyone  from the  south or the midlands  planning to travel up on the Friday  :?:  We could perhaps get a bit of a Tiger convoy going :!:   :!:  :D

I'll get to it and come up with a plan and route from the southeast then. Matt, if I get us to Stafford can you do a route to the campsite? I think you're going to have some favourite roads north of you through the peaks. PM me with your exact location so we can have a coffee when we get to you. ;-)

Geoff W

OK I have put the 21st of July in my diary to keep free. It is an easy travel for me, but I will still camp on the Friday and Saturday, as I assume that is what everyone else will be doing.
Thanks for the hard work sorting this.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"I'll get to it and come up with a plan and route from the southeast then. Matt, if I get us to Stafford can you do a route to the campsite? I think you're going to have some favourite roads north of you through the peaks. PM me with your exact location so we can have a coffee when we get to you. ;-)

Blacktiger, PM'd :D

No problems, Tea (or coffee) & buscuits and press onwards & upwards :!:

I'll sort a route out as suggested (No M-ways) & show you some of the Staffordshire countryside. 8)

Dilbert, if you've got your ears on & attending, PM me & we could perhaps collect you en route :shock:  :?:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I might meet y'all there after towing the Tiger up on her trailer behind me motorhome :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I might meet y'all there after towing the Tiger up on her trailer behind me motorhome :ImaPoser

How many Tigers can you get on the trailer  :lol:

Just waiting on permission from `er indoors  :roll:

blacktiger

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"I'll sort a route out as suggested (No M-ways) & show you some of the Staffordshire countryside. 8)

That's the ticket.

So my route to mat-tiger1 comes off the M25 near Slough and runs close to High Wickham, Thame, Bicester, Banbury & Leamington Spa before running between Coventry and Birmingham. Anyone want to join the convoy?

Bixxer Bob

Too far out of the way for me. I'll probably head up to Sleaford, Lincoln, Humber bridge and coast road. Better have a look at the link and see where  I'm actually going first  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Too far out of the way for me. I'll probably head up to Sleaford, Lincoln, Humber bridge and coast road. Better have a look at the link and see where  I'm actually going first  :oops:

Bixxer Bob

NeilD

I quite like the look of their Tepees already set up on site... hmmm  :D  

I'll just tell 'work' that I really am off that weekend then I guess I'd better book?

doesnt look like theres much of a scenic route from me, probably like you BB up over Humber Bridge then york and harrogate... unless its a really nice day and I get up early and go via scarborough   :D

Bixxer Bob

oops, had a prob with the server dropping out while I was posting and ended up with three posts. Mustang'll fix it I guess.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: NeilDI quite like the look of their Tepees already set up on site... hmmm  :D  

I wonder if there'll be enough of us to fill the 'Cruck barn'  :?:

maybe we could book up :?:  (Not for a wedding though!) :shock: