News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer fuel capacity

Started by Bob Tosi, January 10, 2012, 04:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Just curious about the max. I put 6.1 gals in last night, the most I've ever filled it up.  

Also mileage is about 26.7 mpg.  This seems low.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

rf9rider

25 Litres, so 6.6 US gallons approx.  :)

Nick Calne

26.7mpg?

Just how fast are you going Bob?  :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bob Tosi

Well she likes to stretch her legs a a bit so I run her up to 70 - 90mph. Whatever I have room for. Got to keep her cleaned out you know!

JetdocX

26mpg sounds low to me.  When was the last time you checked your valve clearances?  Is it hard to start?  Smell like gas all the time?  Puddles of gas under it?

We need more info, man! :lol:
From parts unknown.

Bob Tosi

Vales were checked ok 2500 miles ago. Starts right up when cold. No fumes whatsoever. Runs great!

97steamer

I get 220 miles from full to reserve - not sure what that is in mpg but I'm pretty happy with it

BruKen

Worn emulsion tubes. The Mikuni's on on my tigger and ealy gixxer seem to last a year before they start wearing. £24 per pop. for me to get 7 is a sod. Maybe Mustang could make a better collet for the needle than the crappy plastic ones that allow the needles to vibrate and wonder.

Nick Calne

The US/UK gallon thing makes it harder to compare mpg.  But 200 - 220 miles a tank, that 97S mentions, is a useful figure.  Personally I have never had more than 200 or less than 180 but I ride like a slow girl with bad eyesight.

It sounds like you are getting just over half that Bob.  Something's not quite right.... If you go off road the mpg plummets btw, and you do go off road don't ya!  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bob Tosi

QuoteIt sounds like you are getting just over half that Bob. Something's not quite right.... If you go off road the mpg plummets btw, and you do go off road don't ya!  

LOL! yeah I off road her as much as I can.  Many a daily rider right now.  My off roading is few and far between. When I do get off road, it is usually a one day trip of about 150 - 200 miles.

I always run Premium grade fuel.  I usually use Lucas fuel treatment at every fill up. I dont know if that has something to do with it.

D-Fuzz

I am in the 200-220 mile range with my bike.  It was considerably lower before the carbs were rebuilt and rejetted as per Mustang's recommendations.  With a tank that size, I certainly wish I could get a bit more range out of it, but I suppose that is the nature of the Mikuni carbs...very thirsty! :?
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black