News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

bike lift & seat

Started by malc, January 21, 2012, 09:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

Im looking for a bike workbench any tips on which to buy or does anyone have 1 for sale in uk? & also after a STD front seat for an 05 Girly any ideas? uk
Thanks Malc
its grrreaaattttttttt

Tigertriple

I have a spare front seat that I will sell. Please PM me if you want more info.

Re bike lift. I am thinking of buying a bike bench lift from Machine Mart. I know a few people who have them and they Like them.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

Quote from: "malc"Im looking for a bike workbench any tips on which to buy or does anyone have 1 for sale in uk? & also after a STD front seat for an 05 Girly any ideas? uk
Thanks Malc

I've had one for some years,they work fine,if you want to jack the ramp up for a time there's a bar you can put in the sissors so the weight isn't on the hydraulics.

Try and buy one when Mc Mart have a non vat day,I get regular invites(I've spent that much!!) just find someone local who gets the same and you'll save a few bob,haven't checked prices till just  :shock: ,think I paid £180 for mine :oops:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... cylce-lift

metalguru

+1 on that, only thing is I would go for the higher capacity lift as it is heavier build quality. I have used mine in a shop environment and now at home and apart from cleaning and regular maintenance has given A1 service. The removable plate in the floor for rear wheel removal and the front wheel clamp are a must as they make jobs so easy.
The higher capacity model with clamp and removable plate come in at about £400, well worth the extra, also badged up as Clark and blue.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.