News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Isle of Man TT 2012

Started by grafty99, January 01, 2012, 12:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "blacktiger"If you take the road from the Sulby hotel crossroads to the Bungalow corner you'll see a byway that takes you down to Douglas via Baldwin.  It's a twisty gravelly challenge ideally suited to an XC.  I did it on my Blackbird  :lol:

No fords on that one eh?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

malc

Hi Ill be at the TT from thursday practice week till thursday race week on the XR1200  & will be at the manx GP in the car with the family 21st aug till 30th aug & cant bloody wait hope to see some of you there.
Malc PM me if you want to meet up
its grrreaaattttttttt

Moorso

I would love to go this year, but the costs involved scare me! I'd be travelling from Belfast so if there are any Irish / Norn Iron bikers going, let me know. I suspect I have left it too late to book a ferry though. What is the availability of camping places?

I would recommend the Ulster Grand Prix and NW 200, more intimate events, (especially the Ulster....you can literally rock up and stand cm away from the road track). I was at last years debacle of a NW 200. This year has to (apparently) be a success otherwise the future of the event is in doubt, but as it traditionally serves as a warm-up for the riders and teams for the TT I hope it contiues.
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Chris Canning

We've been for the last 15 years,get there thursday afternoon ride home sunday,but last years weather was the straw that broke the camels back,maybe the Armoy road races or risk it for the Tandragee.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Moorso"I would love to go this year, but the costs involved scare me! I'd be travelling from Belfast so if there are any Irish / Norn Iron bikers going, let me know. I suspect I have left it too late to book a ferry though. What is the availability of camping places?

I would recommend the Ulster Grand Prix and NW 200, more intimate events, (especially the Ulster....you can literally rock up and stand cm away from the road track). I was at last years debacle of a NW 200. This year has to (apparently) be a success otherwise the future of the event is in doubt, but as it traditionally serves as a warm-up for the riders and teams for the TT I hope it contiues.

I accidently saw the Ulster a few years back, just happened to be working in Lisburn for a couple of weeks when it was on. A straw bail here and there, and that was the race track done, bonkers :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I'll be travelling via Larne on the ferries, not too late for the ferry maybe. Accommodation might be another thing unless you are camping.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Moorso

I wouldn't mind camping at all, but do you have to camp in specific sites, or are people faily relaxed about a tent in the corner of a field?
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Bixxer Bob

I simply rocked up to the Douglas football club ground without booking and got a pitch no probs.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...