News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new steamer

Started by treewright, January 23, 2012, 10:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treewright

Hi just bought a '94 Tiger 885 carb, so thought i'd better join the forum, I'm an old triumph hand, had a T160 trident at 17 more years ago than i can remember, anyway the price was right and it fits in my garage nice! What do i need to check on it it has 41000 under its belt. After a rack for it as it will have to carry my gear between Dorset and Cornwall regularly. Anyway just a hello.
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

BruKen

Welcome to the forum :D

Nick Calne

Hello welcome.  Racks are usually found on ebay.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, what is it with Tigers and Land Rovers, we could almost start a separate forum  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerRon

Hey Treewright, welcome to the best steamer forum on the planet. Im also a newbie having just purchased a '95 tiger. I also have been doing all the necessary maintenance, cause the last owner didnt do much.
Dont hesitate to ask questions, these guys know steamers better than anybody around.
thanks ron
1995 Triumph Tiger
1994 BMW K75S
1985 Honda XR350R
1992 Honda XR 600

treewright

Thanks for the comments, must be british design and its constant fun of fixing things (land rovers steamers) :lol:
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

BruKen

You've definitely come to the right place then. Nothing but eccentric potchers and shed mechanics here with a sprinkling of OCD mech-engineers in the UK contingent that should you ever meet will wax lyrical but the British motorcycling heydays  :sign13 and watch out for that Mustang fella. You might want to cosy up to him before taking a hammer to your pride and joy. :lol:

97steamer

+1 on the Mustang advice!

theclowncrusty

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Loads of good practicle know how to be found in the old threads. And there is nothing about a Steamer that Mustang doesnt know, i to am badly afflicted, as i work for Land Rover and own two Steamers. :o)
Crusty

treewright

Phew worked through to page 12 on  steamers i get a sense of dejavu that it appeals to me for the same reasons as my other 2 terrors, the plan is to use it as the west country flyer between Gunnislake, Cornwall and Blandford, Dorset. Cheers I am sure my questions will appear from time to time when i surface from my ecobuild in the Tamar valley. lots of nice riding between dorset and cornwall.  :twisted: