News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering brake pedal on Girly 885i?

Started by haroldo_psf, January 24, 2012, 07:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I need to lower that pedal by about 1/4" to 1/2".

Is there any solution to this? The pedal is not adjustable as far as I can tell
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

is the linkage to the m/c from the pedal adjustable ? making it shorter will lower the pedal height

Chris Canning

It is ajustable,I've done both 885i's and my 955 but I ajusted the other way as mine had too much travel and I wanted it on as soon as I touched the lever with my foot.

Take the rear brake lever off and you can turn the rod on the thread.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Mustang"is the linkage to the m/c from the pedal adjustable ? making it shorter will lower the pedal height

From memory I dont think it is on the girlies, fixed bar If i remember correctly.

Oops Chris beat me, sorry memorys gone then, now wheres  me spectacles :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

There you go,thats on max to raise the brake pedal as high as it will go,so loads to go the other way,you must have a double jointed ankle :D

Mustang

Quote from: "Chris Canning"There you go,thats on max to raise the brake pedal as high as it will go,so loads to go the other way,you must have a double jointed ankle :D
lowered footpegs  :wink:

haroldo_psf

Awesome! Thanks all! I'll fix it tonight
2000 Tiger 885i

NZDeano

I just did mine because I wanted it higher to come into play sooner. I always had to angle my foot down.
But, I dont know how others have found it, but on the girlies it is a prick of an adjustment to get at. The exhaust pipe is in the road to get at it from the rear. In the end I took the whole footpeg and MC attachment right off, detached everything, then adjusted the two nuts to be in the position shown in the picture on this thread, then put it all back together. One thing to make sure of is that the spring is reset as well, because by doing the adjustemnt as I did, the spring becomes slack, so needs a tweek.
Is there any easier way?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Chris Canning

It's the very first job I've done on all 3 Tigers as soon as I've gotten the bike home,bolt out off the pedal,clip off the pin, turn ajuster,and back on,how the hell anyone rides one in stock trim :? ,must have a double jointed ankle.

NZDeano

Quote from: "Chris Canning"It's the very first job I've done on all 3 Tigers as soon as I've gotten the bike home,bolt out off the pedal,clip off the pin, turn ajuster,and back on,how the hell anyone rides one in stock trim :? ,must have a double jointed ankle.

+1 on that Chris. :wink:
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400