News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plastic fuel tank issue #2

Started by PeteH, February 20, 2012, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

The tanks been off the bike for a month now due to it getting some paintwork done, and now it doesnt fit like before :?

So it sits on two rubbers with screws holding it in place for & aft...ok so far. Fit the battery box and the two clips for the tank bag base..and.....the battery wont fit :shock:
Took it all apart and even trimmed the rubbers to get the tank further forward but still failed. Eventually took out the battery box metal inserts that fit up to the tank so giving a bit more room for the battery to fit, but im not totally happy.

Also, should the front of the tank sit on the frame :?: as mine seems slightly raised and I didnt notice this prior to removal.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Again, there's loads about this on here. If you leave the tank off for any length of time, especially with a lot of fuel in it, being plastic  it settles out and changes shape.  I always put it on blocks now to support it by the mountings but even that doesn't always work.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Ironhorse

Iv'e read that if you stand it up on the rear end while it is off the bike that it will maintain the right shape. If true then you could try standing it up on a well padded surface and press down hard on the top to make it shorter. Seems like that might work. Joe

PeteH

Quote from: "Ironhorse"Iv'e read that if you stand it up on the rear end while it is off the bike that it will maintain the right shape. If true then you could try standing it up on a well padded surface and press down hard on the top to make it shorter. Seems like that might work. Joe

Err...no, I tried forcing the front of the tank back using a piece of wood...it just sprank back :cry:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour