News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyres - Heidenau K76

Started by zadok_oz, March 03, 2011, 09:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zadok_oz

G'day guys.
I came across an advert in the Australian Road Rider mag for Heidenau K76 Dual sport tyres. They are made in Germany like my favoured Metzler, but look to be better priced. I saw only one report on them on the AdvRider site and they got a favourable writeup. They make a front and rear to fit the Girly. :D
Has anyone used them and can give a recommendation?
Cheers
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

atokad

I was in a BMW shop here in the States just this week asking about some Continental TKC's.  They said they were expecting their shipment in soon, just a few bucks more than the TKC's and that the reviews coming from the BMW guys in Europe was that they were fantastic, as far as wear.  Claim to be getting closer to 8k miles per set while the TKC's are generally 5k-6k per set.

I am not so sure they would have the same amount of traction for off road though by looking at the tread design.  For me, that wouldn't be an issue because I don't don't the real serious off roading with my Tiger.

I have stayed away from the TKC's so far though because of the mileage and have had 2 sets of Tourances that have had fantastic wear.

Will probably give the Heidenau (spelling??) a go when I need my next set of tires.

bush2beach

running heidenaus (k76) front and rear on my 02 tiger, got to say great alround tyres. only thing is that i prefurr a karoo 2t on the front for more adventurous rides.

LTB

The K76's are similar to Tourance and Anakee.

but the K60 Scouts are closer to the TKC80's but last longer from what I've read.

They haven't released these in 150/70-17 yet so I'm considering 140/80-17 if they are not available until summer.
Here's a prototype 150 that is being tested in South Africa.

The strip in the middle is supposed to make them last even longer than the previous K60
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

jphish

I like the additional proposed Hiedenau mileage compared to TKCs. However, as others have reported, that middle stabilizing 'strip' in the carcass, may also prevent it from getting thru the muck to solid ground. Tires are always a compromise - this being no exception?

bush2beach

MISTAKE, previously stated k76, Using k60 on front and back but prefer Karoo 2t on front, K76 a little slippery on the rougher  stuff.

atokad

Just fitted a Heidenau K60 Scout on front. Still running my Metzler Tourance on the rear.

The front Metzler went 10k miles and had a bit left on it.  It will be interesting to see how the Heidenau wears.  I am sure it will be lots better on the gravel/Forest service roads here in Colorado.  I am not a peg dragger so I am not so worried about grip and an aggressive turning situation.

jphish

they do make a K-60 in a 150 - I got one last Fall. Unless its a mismarked 140 ??

jphish

OOPs - forget it - that posting was a year ago - already wore out my K60.