News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

another convert

Started by steveb, January 09, 2005, 01:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

hello everybody, just a quick note to intro myself. I pick up a 99 yellow tiger next tuesday, after nearly 3 years on a 94vfr750 - best all rounder or biggest compromise in all areas? The latter methinks. Reasonable if a bit cramped on open roads, crap around town - too much weight on wrist I broke last winter (ice skating....not very well...) Test rode tiger & tdm 900 at local bmw dealers - no contest! It has thunderwotsit crash bars &  trailwing tyres, heres hoping for a short winter. Any suggestions on best mods/acc/pretty bits - scottoiler already on list - gratefully received.

safe riding or happy polishing, steve.

Mr Mistoffelees

Hi Steveb,

You made a good choice me thinks, the Tiger is vgood around town and good fun on the open roads  :)

Re: mods, well you already got the crash bars, which is a plus as you could add some additional lighting to em, maybe (depending on your height - comfort levels required) you might want to look into other screens / seats etc & hard luggage if you intend to tour.

to be honest the tiger as standard is a good package, so it really depends on your own desire / pocket  :lol:

Anyway welcome and have fun.
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

Brock

Race Can & re-map.

Rear Wheel Hugger (NWS)

Heated Grips if you just can't put her away for winter (and who can blame you?).

Welcome to the site.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

steveb

Thanks for the welcome. A hugger & touring screen are on the wish list, I use a spada farenheit heated jacket in the winter which is brill. If those silly bits of plastic don't keep the wind off my hands they will be in the bin! I do not anticipate any off road riding - in my bit of Essex I do not know of anywhere that has not been concreted/ tarmaced over or built on.

I don't think the neigbours (or the wife) would enjoy the dulcet tones of a race can @ 0500hrs when I leave for work. I have a race can for the vfr to sell that I hardly used even tho it sounded GREAT to me....

Roll on Tuesday

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Brock"Race Can & re-map.

Rear Wheel Hugger (NWS)

Heated Grips if you just can't put her away for winter (and who can blame you?).

Welcome to the site.

Brock; do you have contact info or a website for the NWS rear wheel hugger?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Badger

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Brock; do you have contact info or a website for the NWS rear wheel hugger?

Sorry I'm not Brock but have a look here http://www.n-w-s.com/
Growing Old Disgracefully

Brock

Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

tigerjohn

Don't worry about the Triumph race can waking the neighbours - it's not anti-socially loud. But on those quick overtakes it's music to the ears.....you really should get one!  I'd also go with the NWS hugger and a couple of extra relays to give you two shining eyes up front. And keep the hand guards in winter - they make a big difference. I take mine off in summer for cosmetic improvement.

Kill Switch

Quote from: "steveb"hello everybody, just a quick note to intro myself. I pick up a 99 yellow tiger next tuesday, after nearly 3 years on a 94vfr750 - best all rounder or biggest compromise in all areas? The latter methinks. Reasonable if a bit cramped on open roads, crap around town - too much weight on wrist I broke last winter (ice skating....not very well...) Test rode tiger & tdm 900 at local bmw dealers - no contest! It has thunderwotsit crash bars &  trailwing tyres, heres hoping for a short winter. Any suggestions on best mods/acc/pretty bits - scottoiler already on list - gratefully received.

safe riding or happy polishing, steve.

Have same bike....you will love it.