News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

***SOLD***3 spoke steamer for sale

Started by R0B, March 21, 2012, 12:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

I'm reluctantly selling my 3 spoke steamer.

I supermotarded it last year, but haven't had the opportunity to ride it (or even move it) since completion. I have three other bikes, and a demanding job.
It has been extensively re-worked.... and hasn't turned a wheel since I finished it.

New starter sprag fitted and also had the gear indicator plate replaced at the same time (the bike got warm, and neutral disappeared) £500 plus all the time involved in the strip and re-build. Bike was fully serviced...that is valve shims, fluids, filter, alt rubbers and new alt shaft (as it had DAR). All new seals used in re-build.

It has a brand new Hagon, reduced in height by 30mm (I have a 32" inside leg, and can now comfortably get the balls of my feet on the ground). The shock was also sprung for someone of my 16 stone weight rather than the usual 13 stone setup £400

Used Corbin seat, New Bagster tank cover

6 pot Tokicos, new Michelin Road Pilot 3 Tyres rear (front has about 3mm), 3 spokes front and rear.

Front forks stripped, new seals and bushes fitted, Tiger stanchions fitted into sprint sliders. New 20% uprated sprint springs fitted.

New Fuel tap. New rear hugger installed. Mileage is circa 16K (bike is at my mums, and I need to check it exactly). It has the previous 4 MOTs which back this up and will have 12 Months MOT when it goes, but no road tax. It will also have a brand new battery. It has a new Ignitech igniter installed. New Triumph/Givi rear rack and grab rail. New Centre stand.

There are probably quite a few bits I've missed.

The paintwork is ok, but used. I swapped the red set I had over to black with the intention of getting the bodywork re-sprayed, but events have overtaken me. It is the only outstanding job (if you want a shiny bike to match the rest).

I have a day off later in the week. I will wheel it out and take some pictures. The price will be £1495 for a fast sale this is firm. If you add up the engine work, shock and new bits, it probably comes to that, so a pretty high spec, mechanically excellent bike for a decent price.

I don't have any of the original parts as I was fed up of falling over them in the garage, and got rid.

Feel free to ask any questions. If it doesn't sell, then I'll get it painted and enjoy it when I get time.........it is a reluctant sale..........even more so when I've written down how much money and effort I put into it.

Rob

R0B

Tiger pics- the bike will be withdrawn from sale here tomorrow and will be on ebay. Rob

There are new front hoses, the airbox, and probably more stuff I've forgotten.

R0B

It has had lots of work done, full service, screen, lsl handlebar conversion ( factory clip ons included), new tyres etc. Will also be on ebay tomorrow Rob

rf9rider

Steamer looks nice, can`t see that not selling.

Off topic a little, how does engine performance compare between the Steamer and Sprint?

NeilD

sorry to hear you're selling it mate, especially after all the work you've put into it..  :(   sorely tempted and been agonising ever since you advertised it, but i'm now up to 4 bikes, so would be in a similar position with time vs riding them all..
anyway as RF9 said, wont be a problem selling it but bumping your thread anyway..
 :D

Neil

PeteH

Three posts down...champers599 posted that he was after a low milage steamer...only one post so probably not been back.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

R0B

Hi Mark, quite a  difference.......fells stupidly fast and encourages hooligan driving mainly because of the power delivery.........the tiger is quick, but as you're sat up it's just different.

Hi Neil, I like to think it tempted you :-)...........it's the dark side :-). I'll have to see what happens.........if it doesn't sell then maybe it's a sign that I need to ride more :-)

Thanks for the heads up Pete
Rob

R0B

Both bikes now on ebay.

Cheers

Rob

rf9rider

Quote from: "R0B"Hi Mark, quite a  difference.......fells stupidly fast and encourages hooligan driving mainly because of the power delivery.........the tiger is quick, but as you're sat up it's just different.
Rob

Was thinking about a Sprint engine in the Tiger for a little more oomph.

Good luck with the sale mate.  :)

R0B

rf9rider

Tiger went for a good price Rob.  :D

Don`t be a stranger now............ :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Glad to see you got it moved ok, too sad to comment previously.

Please post some pics of the T bird when you get it back on the road  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

R0B

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments. I'll post my t'bird pictures for you as soon as it's finished....which isn't far off!! I just had too many bikes and too little time............

Cheers all

Rob