News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Riger Recall. 3 of these??

Started by TigerPilot, January 12, 2005, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerPilot

All just posted this as part of another post but thought I'd list it separately.

There appears to be NOT one but THREE recals on this 02 Triumph Tiger. 1) fuel fittings,

2) coolant resevor return line fitting and

3) Alternator hooked directly to the rectifier bypassing some kind of harness in order to NOT supply the battery with too much voltage(???) (what the hell is this??)

I knew of the 1) Fuel fittings and I know 2) to be an issue because I happened to of fixed exactly that on my own before I even knew there was a recall for it- (Problem is where the plastic 90degree elbow was broken in half so now the return cooland did not make it back into the resevor; instead it spilled everywhere outside and into the right top faring).. BUT the third is the one I question. In any event, they supposedly did all three on my bike (well 2 was done by me but they checked it anyways. so they say...)

IS any one heard of all these, specially the third one????? They cut and crimped some cables to comply so I hope they did not do something they were not supposed to as I can't find ANY documentation to support this 3rd recal!!!

=============
Work Hard; Play Harder !!!

05 Suzuki SV1000

04 BMW K1200 GT

04 Kawasaki KLR 650

02 Triumph Tiger

TigerKen

Yeah, I know what that one is. I've had the same on my '02. As the bike originally came, the regulator was plugged into the wiring harness as was the alternator. Triumph feels that we might benefit with heavier wiring between the two. The service bulletin outlines connecting the stator and regulator directly, bypassing the part of the harness they went through. They use the same connectors so they just plug in. It's not that big of a deal, really.

Brock

I had the first two done on my early '04 Tiger, but never heard of the third one. Best not worry...they're all minor jobs and don't cost a penny.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Is that a recall of a Rriumph Riger?

Brock

Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

SIBBO

R is next to T  on the keyboard an easy mistake to make i teckon :lol: