News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by Tigertriple, May 16, 2011, 08:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Can anyone help me out and tell me how you do tune updates. I have had a re tune done by Triumph after fitting a TOR can last year but  I have never done  any tune updates myself and do not know how to do them or where to get the software from. Cheers.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Bixxer Bob

Have a look at the stickys mate, it's all in there......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

thetolleyman

My Girly idles about 1210-1240 after warm up. Which parameters do I play with to get the idle to drop a bit. I see others posting they prefer 1000-1100 rpm idle?
Tiger 955i

ChazzyB

Quote from: "thetolleyman"My Girly idles about 1210-1240 after warm up. Which parameters do I play with to get the idle to drop a bit. I see others posting they prefer 1000-1100 rpm idle?

Er, the Idle Speed setting, I'd guess?

Your idle speed sounds about right. If it ain't broke, etc...
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

thetolleyman

I see Idle Fuel Trim, and Idle Air Controller Setting and its not obvious whether one of those to change, or if the numbers need to go up or down.
Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

This should be a new thread guys but don't worry, Mustang will fix it. :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Quote from: "thetolleyman"I see Idle Fuel Trim, and Idle Air Controller Setting and its not obvious whether one of those to change, or if the numbers need to go up or down.

It's in the table titled Idle, some bikes seem to prefere the lower setting for idle and some prefere higher, not advisable to play around with any settings unless confident to do so as just changing the idle speed requires additional adjustments to parameters.

In other words if it is idling ok, its not surging, or useing loads of fuel and pulls well, leave well alone. By all means read and digest info about TuneEcu and all the posts on here so a complete understanding is achieved.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

thetolleyman

It runs pretty well overall. The idle is not as steady as I'd like, but I've got very limited experience with the tiger...

Idle bounces around a bit, you might call it surging, but only very minor. Bike pulls pretty hard and last I checked got 49.5 mpg
Tiger 955i

metalguru

The idle can be made smoother, however if you have the off/on throttle and surging at 2500-3500, sorta on then off throttle even though the throttle has not been moved, and very slight opening, then it is worth a litle play to fix it. A FULL understanding is required before commencing any work, as the last thing you want to do is brick the ecu.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.