News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger front fork mods.

Started by bigjohnf, April 08, 2012, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohnf

Hi, has anyone else played around with the front end on their Tiger? I have changed wheels front and back , brakes etc , the forks are trophy lowers, and tiger uppers and whilst it all seems to work ok ish the front suspension is a work in progress!! first it kept bottoming out, got that sorted with some progressive springs and went for a firmer fork oil but still not happy with it as it is now too firm. Has anyone done this mod to their bike? any and all info gratefully received. By the way my manual says fork oil should be Kayaba g10 anyone know what grade that actually is? Thanks.

Nick Calne

Hi John, which model Tiger do you have?  I'm guessing a steamer?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

Welcome John.
Done this mod to both my Steamers, i`ve used 15wt oil in both, used the original Steamer springs in both, and added an inch to the top spacer in both, which is about right for me, so if yours is too firm, you could try shortening the top spacers, say half inch at a time until you get somewhere near?

bigjohnf

Thanks, just read what a steamer was, mines a 955i (2001) so I guess it's a Girly(?) Not sure about that.
Ok, will try the 15wt oil and i'll take a bit off of the spacers, its about what i thought anyway but glad to hear someone else confirm it. I'll keep you posted.

rf9rider

Yup, you got a Girly.
Fork mods will be the same i think.

Chris Canning

In an ideal world you need the forks revalved,my excuse I've just been bone idle  :oops: ,use Ohlins fork springs with 15wt oil,although I ride mainly two up,normally takes 50 miles till the forks come good,before that,not all that sensitive to tthe road.

Mr Admin man will be along to move this thread!!

Mustang

thanks for pointing that out ,  :lol: captain obvious