News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Washer For Neutral Sensor Switch Question

Started by Putts255, May 05, 2012, 07:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

G'Morning Gents!

So since I bought my tiger in September 2010 I have this very small oil leak coming from the neutral sensor switch.  I have solved the issue, until now, by just wadding up a small piece of paper towel and shoving it in the well where the switch is.  I change it out every week or so,

Okay so I bought the replacement washer at the dealer yesterday.  It is very thin and appears to be made out of aluminium.  Here is my question, would you simply replace it or would you put a very small amount of RTV sealant before installing it?

Also, since I STILL cannot find my service manual, can someone tell me the torque setting for the sensor?

Thanks much!
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Putts255

Okay found the torque settings in the sticky, sorry should have remembered it was there.  7 ftpds

Anyone recomend I do NOT put the RTV sealant on the washer?
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

_____

Mustang

Quote from: "Putts255"Anyone recomend I do NOT put the RTV sealant on the washer?

pineygroveshop

Did the new washer fit or is it a wee bit too thick?
Cheers,
Stephen

Putts255

Sorry for the delay, I have not been spending much time online lately.

No it was an exact replacement, fit just fine.

_____