News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Suspension Story

Started by Chris Canning, April 14, 2012, 11:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Bought my 955 new in may 2001,can't remember if I bought my Ohlins shock end of 02 or 03,it already had a different spring from stock and the improvement was like night and day.

Fast foward to 2010,the shock was starting to feel tired and what ajustment was left made little difference,took it to a local suspension guy to have the fluid changed,back on the bike no change,took it back explained the situation and that I needed the shock revalving which he did,well sort of!!.

Now I'll go off on a bit of a tangent here,with having a fair bit to do with the racing game,suspension guru's are a law unto em'selves,they supply you what 'they' think you need and that's what I got,with the words thats the biggest f*****G spring I've ever seen ringing in my ears.

The bike was just about back to were it originally was but couldn't help but feel there was better to be had,I'd previously phoned the Ohlins importer for spring info and as Ohlins only made the shock for the Tiger for 18 months even finding it's existance was a major achievment,finally transpired there were two other options on the spring front one of which I had to order from Sweden.

Duly arrived,but now the current valvling couldn't handle it,I've a close friend(too close) who we know each other so well I'm loath to ask favours but this was serious  :roll: ,told him exactly what I wanted and when he looked at the shock and spring told me he didn't do lorry suspension :D .

Over the winter he did and has,yesterday was test day with my other half on the back and a day out to Wales,Crossgate cafe were all the retired and self employed/unemployed meet in the week and a roller coaster road there and back,at last I can ride it absolutely gungo ho as the wheels and brakes can do and the shock doesn't go off,I can even get it to change direction and still be feeding the power(even two up) Eurecka as good as the Multistrada I rode last year :D  :D