News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handlebars and Rox Risers

Started by Fe Man, May 05, 2012, 11:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fe Man

So, at 6'1", the 2inch Rox Risers I installed with my stock bars on my 2006 Tiger make riding while standing a bit more bearable but I'm still unhappy with handlebar height. Most of the moto taper handlebars have no where near enough rise to work as a replacement. I am somewhat repluctant to order the 3.5 inch risers as I don't see the additional 1.5 inches making enough difference.

What have you taller riders done about your Girlies?

Mustang

ATV bend for the bars works pretty damn good :wink:

BigDan

I tried sitting down on the seat :)
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

rf9rider

Lower the footpegs?

Mustang sells good quality lowered pegs  :)

Mustang

Fe Man

Quote from: "rf9rider"Lower the footpegs?

Mustang sells good quality lowered pegs  :)

Absolutely, they are on the list as the last ditch effort.

Chad

i find the std bars fine with the rox risers and im 6ft7" mind you i do have arms like a Gibbon :hat10

however mustang will be contacted once im back at work for a set of his footpegs just to perfect things :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

JTT

Quote from: "Fe Man"So, at 6'1", the 2inch Rox Risers I installed with my stock bars on my 2006 Tiger make riding while standing a bit more bearable but I'm still unhappy with handlebar height. Most of the moto taper handlebars have no where near enough rise to work as a replacement. I am somewhat repluctant to order the 3.5 inch risers as I don't see the additional 1.5 inches making enough difference.

What have you taller riders done about your Girlies?

I'm 6'1" and swapped over to ProTaper SE XR50 bars with Mustang pegs.  High enough that I can stand upright for extended periods comfortably.  Any higher and it would feel silly while sitting (think ape hangers)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Chad

Quote from: "Mustang"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBW2yfZFJFs&feature=related

more like for this kind of stuff BigDan................. :wink:

being housebound and watching that is not helping :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

some nice control there :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida