News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

H-T Panniers - clif cut or standard.

Started by TigerJon, April 09, 2012, 05:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerJon

Hello folks,
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Happy Trails panniers for my Girly and can't decide between the clif cut and standard cut for the exhaust side.  For those who have them, any advantage to the clif?  Also, any thoughts on a 10.5"/9" combo vs. 2 -10.5" wide panniers as far as width goes?  Thanks for any input!
Jon
2005 Tiger 955i

dj_squelch

Also interested in this as I'd love a set of their luggage some day.

AK Tiger

Hi Gents-

I've had the 9" and 7.5" (Cliff cut) for about 8 years now.   If I had it to do again, I:
*  would probably pass on the Cliff cut.
*  wish I'd gotten the wider stuff.  
*  would also get them powder coated, at least on the insides.  I finally painted the insides as I got tired of the aluminum oxide getting all over just about everything I put in them.

The bags are practically bulletproof.  This is the second Tiger that they have been mounted on.  The first Tiger was destroyed when I hit a caribou in upper BC, Canada.  The bags were about the only thing to survive, besides me.  They're still totally waterproof.  I'd definitely purchase them again.

Oh yeah, I have the HT top box also...
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)