News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Some tiger upgrades..

Started by amschnellsten, May 01, 2012, 03:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdubya

Gorgeous bike. Nice work.
06 Girly

Trophykev

Hi
Love the progression on this bike having just acquired a 2003 girls

What are the side lights atop the indicators. Did you make the brackets ?
They look exactly what I want

Cheers
Kevin

amschnellsten

I did make the brackets on the turn signals. Pm me, I am going to do something a little different and when I get around to it (hopefully in the next couple weeks) I will mail you the brackets.

Trophykev

Pm sent - thanks very much
Can't wait to see the next instalment.
I am intrigued on what will be an improvement ?

amschnellsten

I will send them out in the next week or so. Just need to finish what I am up to next before I remove them.

Here are some unwanted upgrades but I feel a lot better now. I had a fuel leak from the tank to the rail and I was replacing the hose and was lazy. I tried leaving the fuel fitting connected while pulling the hose off and broke the fitting off the tank. So I ordered up the new fittings that were posted on here and installed them. Everything went perfect except until today. I took the bike to work and it would not start when it was time to leave. I was not getting fuel and I thought something was up with the pump or some plastic got jammed in the line. So I popped the fitting off and stuck a screw driver in to check the valve and fuel pump. It shot out a good stream but I noticed that the vlave shut itself off when I plugged the fitting in. I shoved an extra o ring in before plugging the fitting back in and that worked. It makes no sense, it worked fine last night but did not today. I will have to do more investigating. Here are some pics of the fittings installed

anyways I do feel better having the complete metal fittings in. :)  :)

Trophykev

Read your posts then look at my bike.
Mine still has plastic, now I'm worried.
Just got my feeling engine bars first darkly.

amschnellsten

Order them and swap them out. One broke when I barely bumped it and the other sheered off when I tried to unbolt it. They are great insurance and I would hate to have to deal with them on the side if the road