News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger farts?

Started by amschnellsten, May 04, 2012, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amschnellsten

Hey guys I have a running problem all of a sudden. At idle my tiger makes farting noises in the throttle bodies at idle and stalls out sometimes at idle when I am sitting at a light. It always starts back up but it will also do it when I let off the throttle quickly coming to a stop. It seems to be missing at idle. I have not investigated too much so far but I have downloaded the tor map recently but I did switch back to my previous tune and no difference. I did rest the tps after the download and I think I did it right. I reset the tps, then turned the ignition off, started and then let idle for awhile. The tps light at the bottom of the screen never turns green but I have the sagen ECU and it does not state anything about the light. What should I look at next?

iansoady

Sticking idle control valve.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

amschnellsten

Is there a way to unstick it or just replace?

iansoady

You could try WD40 or the like. Personally I'd use Tuneboy (does TuneEdit do this?) to check if it's working.

Usually once things like this start to misbehave it's best to replace.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

The slider fit is too close for WD40 Ian, it dries out leaving a gummy residue that'll only make things worse.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

I tried using carb cleaner spray, then I took it apart, TWANG!!

The rest is history and £70 odd quid for a new one :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

amschnellsten

I have tune edit, i will check and see if it has something on it.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Timbox2"I tried using carb cleaner spray, then I took it apart, TWANG!!

The rest is history and £70 odd quid for a new one :lol:

Ditto  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...