News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mp3 music on the move

Started by Spud, May 05, 2012, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I am looking to upgrade my Mp3, what do you use and or recommend cheers Spud  :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Thought you had a Garmin GPS Spud?

Why not use that? Easier to control than fumbling with a MP3 player, they are all tiny these days.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

My gps does not play music  :oops:  I use the mp3 when on motorways mine has been through a tough life and is slowly dieing  :cry:

cheers Spud  :wink:

I still have your book   :wink:

BigDan

I use my iPhone, before that had an iPod. I just found for quality and durability, can't beat the "i" products.

And I can recommend some fantastic headphones perfect for in-helmet users. Soundmagic PL30 - check eBay. Great quality, well made, haven't given up in 2 years so far! and they are very flat once in your ear so its easy to put a helmet over and they're comfy.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

CoolHandLuke

iPhone + Biologic case + Schuberth SRC System.

You get music, navigation and you can use the phone.

NKL

I use my zumo 660 and ultimate ear monitors.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sin_Tiger

The SEC is good but I'll be on my third collar in two years soon. First the charging lead connection broke after about 8 months and this one has had the B button fail. The Casio Scala B4 , identical and same maker as SRC, works as well but seems to be a bit more robust. I have also used Westone monitors, excellent if pricey, probably the closest thing to custom monitors.

As for players, the world it's your oyster, probably will come down to weather protection and glove operation in the end, none seem very expensive and if you were here you'd be bewildered with the choices. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll get something to bring back in a couple of Weeks. Thanks for the reminder.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"The SRC is good but I'll be on my third collar in two years soon. First the charging lead connection broke after about 8 months and this one has had the B button fail. The Casio Scala B4 , identical and same maker as SRC, works as well but seems to be a bit more robust.

Can't find a link for the Casio Scala B4 - do you have one?

I am on my second SRC system - the first one died after a firmware upgrade.  Actually, the first one died because the ribbon cable between both sides failed, which I fixed.  6 months later, I was low on disk space in my VM and the firmware upgrade failed :(

Did you keep your old SRC systems?  I could use the bits if you still have them.

Sin_Tiger

Apologies, auto correction on  :roll:

Cardo Scala G4

I am going to send it in but will keep you in mind.

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Apologies, auto correction on  :roll:

Cardo Scala G4

I am going to send it in but will keep you in mind.
Ta.  Is the radio any better with the G4?

Sin_Tiger

Quite a bit better but still not brilliant, antenna limitation I would hazard a guess.

Bixxer Bob

I'm tempted by the AGV BT set as MRs BB's AGV is pre-moulded for it. Pricey though so for now it'll be my Zumo and Autocomm combo  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...