News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Body mounting hardware

Started by Me_Rock, May 13, 2012, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Rock

Howdy!

I just acquired a '96 Tiger in pieces through a trade. Unfortunately it's missing all of the mounting hardware for the body panels. Can anybody tell me how many and what pieces of hardware I need?

Thanks!

rf9rider

Howdy pard, welcome  :)

Have a look here, it will give you an idea of what you`re looking for

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_m ... k_03=23773

Me_Rock

Thanks! That helps me out a lot.

Mustang

not to piss in your cornflakes but I just tried ordering some of the gas tank bolts for the fairings a few weeks ago from Bike Bandit and they are no longer available from Triumph USA :x

rf9rider

I used stainless countersunk bolts on my Steamer re-build, along with aluminium countersunk washers, like these................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-x-22MM-ALL ... 870c7efee8

I`m sure you could get something similar from the US  :)

MIMbox

I've succesfully used this setup on my Tigger Tank bolts for the last few seasons.

STAINLESS SOCKET SET (grub ) SCREW M6x25
M6 x 18 mm WASHERS 3X DIAMETER STAINLESS
STAINLESS STEEL SERATED FLANGE NUTS M6

Like adjusting tappets!

aeronca

Quote from: "Mustang"not to piss in your cornflakes but I just tried ordering some of the gas tank bolts for the fairings a few weeks ago from Bike Bandit and they are no longer available from Triumph USA :x

Thats bad news, I needed to order some of those my self.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Oh, and by the way - welcome aboard 8)   what part of wwashington are you in?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rf9rider

Quote from: "aeronca"Oh, and by the way - welcome aboard 8)   what part of wwashington are you in?

Never knew you had a stutter Eric  :lol:

aeronca

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "aeronca"Oh, and by the way - welcome aboard 8)   what part of wwashington are you in?

Never knew you had a stutter Eric  :lol:

yeah, and a slight case of tourette as well :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Me_Rock

I live in White Salmon. The best part of Washington.

aeronca

I'll have to ride down and meet you for a coffee.  Hey, Motorcycle Superstore stock's alot of that stuff, check it out. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!