News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph panniers

Started by Mossy, May 21, 2012, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy

Morning folks
I'm still here. Picked up a bargain on e-bay last week, a set of Triumph panniers for $230, including the $70 postage. Though I may have to re-paint them  :)

I've fitted them how I think they should be fitted, though the rubber on the  foot peg brackets don't seem to be wide enough where they fit the panniers.
This will allow the panniers to rattle, probably only when they are empty.
Is this correct and do I have them in the right place??

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

matts23

----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

cosmo

They're right. Do look closely, the rubber brackets are adjustable, though it's a balancing act between too tight and too loose. You'll have to determine through trial and error. Be sure you can latch the bags after you adjust, meaning remove and refit, to be positive.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Mossy

Thanks for confirming its right.

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

jphish

my "rubbers" are in the middle of the gap in bracket - Never had a rattling / noise problem. Dont think you'll find any adjustment is necessary. That was a good deal - tho appears to be a bit of aesthetic "tension" between the blue & orange. Paint would be good.

HamrenDan

Ahh thats what I am missing.. the PO used some black duct tape to resemble the rubber piece, looks like hell, but I guess it works.. I too got a deal  $100.. I love craigslist..
HamrenDan
1999 885 Tiger
Previous 99 955i Sprint ST

ChazzyB

I think they're supposed to rattle on the lower pegs. The Tiger 800 is the same, no doubt the Exploder too. I read it's so the luggage can move in cross-winds/truck blast, etc., without unsettling the bike.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

pineygroveshop

Mine mount the same.  After years of kicking the lids from getting on/off the bike, I painted my panniers with truck bed coating.  My Tiger is black so the color is not a problem.
Cheers,
Stephen

Mossy

Spent another $70 on some spray cans and a day in the shed yesterday.

Does that look better??   :D  :D

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

HockleyBoy

Nice work, looks very good.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

jphish

much better! Love those bengal colored tiggers.