News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Breathing life back into a sleeping Tiger

Started by Easy Tiger, March 19, 2012, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy Tiger

Hi guys, been away for the last three years and my '01 Tiger has been put to bed in my garage. I will be dusting her off and riding this summer. Any tips or advice for awakening my girl from her beauty sleep.

Cheers
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

steamer3

Is the battery in good condition? otherwise i'd put new oil, fresh petrol in.

titan430

Hi, just do the usual. Drain and renew as much of the old petrol as possible, same with the coolant. As you are taking tank off renew the spark plugs or clean them so you get the best possible spark. While they are out, change oil and filter ( prime new filter ! ) . Then turn ignition on and use starter proceure to get the new oil thru the engine to cams/brgs etc. Do this a few times. Refit plugs etc and all else back on and you should be a good un for more touring on your new bike ...................cheers TITAN  :lol:
p.s . forgot to say DO NOT start bike with old oil etc in it, or petrol , down to experience mate!!!make sure battery is charged to full .

Chris Canning

3 years jeeze  :shock: ,thats a strip down job,as all of the above,change coolant flush it all,new battery,blah blah blah

OK I'll ask were've you been  :oops:

Easy Tiger

Cheers fella's, I have a few more months to go but I'm looking forward to pulling the old girl apart and giving her a good seein' too (if you know what I mean :lol: ). Already thinking ahead for more farkling!!!
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

Easy Tiger

Well I'm back and getting started. And Chris, let's just say I've been away!!!!!
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i