News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wheel bearing removal?

Started by theclowncrusty, May 21, 2012, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

As per thread title, any pearls of wisdom as to how i get these buggers out? Have got spare front and rear hubs off some scrap wheels, I want to remove the wheel bearings so i can get them powder coated and laced onto new rims. I cant seem to see how you are supposed to drift the old bearings out as there is a sleeve through the centre of the hub and i cant see how you would get to the back of the opposite bearing to tap it out?  :?
Crusty

Mustang

theclowncrusty

Have done the rear hub now, thank you for the advise. Used an aliminium axle out of my old GasGas trials bike so didnt do too much damage to the sleeve. Going to get some bearings and have the hub powder coated then built up onto some new rims. Any sugestion as to what rims to go for?
Crusty

NeilD

might be worth havign a word with this bloke as used to have a steamer which he built a couple of sets of wheels for, so can give you the low down on sizes, and build them for you

http://www.totalbikebits.com/product_lo ... php?id=303