News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cynical?

Started by Timbox2, May 22, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ok, I know Im getting more cynical and grumpier by the day, but just as the weather really breaks my local council seem to have chucked that horrible loose chipping stuff over loads of the local roads with 10MPH max signs, just got back home and the bike looks like its been through a white desert :evil:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

The Welsh must have a bit of a binge,cuz there were loads of roads done the same on the way to CrossGates last friday  :roll:

Bixxer Bob

I think they haven't even started yet.  There'll be a rush to catch up on lost time due to the bad weather.  Bedford council used tar and chippings one of the main commuter routes during a heat wave a couple of years back. Within a couple of days it was just soft tar, all the chippings were in big piles along the roadside.  A complete waste of time.  After washing the bike down with white spirit to get the tar off, I had a 5 mile detour for the next couple of weeks.  Which was a good excuse..... 8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

they done that a few years ago innorwich. expect that got it horribly wrong. the tar they used didnt set so was coverin peoples cars in tar and stones. some cars even ground to a halt because of the tar bein sticky. cost the council a lot of money in repair bills.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

This approach to resurfacing roads really is annoying and ought to be abandoned.  Especially annoying when you are riding along and some b0ll0ck in a car (normally a bmw 3 series) comes zooming along the other way and gives you the pebble dash treatment...  :evil:  Do councils even consider motorcyclists and cyclists safety when they 'lay' this stuff?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chad

they do seem to have a love of ruining stunning roads over your way with this method :x
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Bixxer Bob

Cambs council have played a blinder on my old ride home from work.  What used to be a really good twisty road is now a death trap. They've patch-filled crumbling edges on several bends tp such an extent that there's a 3" strip of overbanding exactly where you'd like to be if you're taking the ideal line throught the corner. :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...