News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust pops occasionally on deacceleration

Started by benebob, June 05, 2012, 10:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

I will occasionally get some deacceleration pops going on in my 885i.  Has done it since I got the bike.  Was hoping to ride the summer and then do a fall 24k service (should have maybe 22k on it by then).  No idea on the history of the bike but the things I've done like brake fluid had been done recently so I know that it was somewhat taken care of.  Exhaust is a triumph off road unit not the stock system.  Ideas on where to look or is this possibly normal with the different exhaust.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

flaco

It's normal. Music to the ears.
kernow bys vyken

Dan

Couldn't agree more! :D sounds lurrvelly !
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

benebob

Well when I say pops I mean well maybe sounds just south of a .22 rifle.  Makes my TVR with its bosch K jet and no frequency valve seem silent.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

John Stenhouse

If you don't like it feather the throttle when you shut off.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

It's an air leak doing that,my Tiger has never done it with either the Triumph aftermarket can or my Remus,but I've a K1200 with an Akra can on and that does,but it's not life and death more an irritant if you don't like it.

If you havent had it long,just ride it,it'll coke up the gaps in the end.

steamer3

mine stopped popping after i balanced the TB's :)

NZDeano

Mine popped very occasionaly, then put triumph race can & new tune in. This made the surging go away and the idle is now perfect, but it pop's heaps. I actually like it, but it's not cracking like a rifle.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

metalguru

Depends on how big the airleaks are as to how big the bangs are!      :D
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

amschnellsten

I guess I need to make some more air leaks :shock:

PeteH

Quote from: "benebob"I will occasionally get some deacceleration pops going on in my 885i.  Has done it since I got the bike.

And your problem is....???

I love it when it pops, but the prolonged burble is much better :D
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

emken67

Mine was just burbly until I put on the off road can, then it added a lovely popping noise.  Having the off road tune seemed to kill the popping, but made low throttle response much smoother.  
I like the ease of handling at low rpm (I do lots of city centre riding), but I do miss that popping!