News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cooling system leaks

Started by Me_Rock, June 10, 2012, 06:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Rock

Howdy!

One of the rubber tubes in my cooling system has sprung a leak. It seems to be number 12 on this diagram: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=304202&block_03=23773

$100 seems a bit steep for one little hose. Is there any other supplier that I can get one from?

Thanks!

Nick Calne

100 dollars!?!?!

Ebay would be where i'd start.. ..... or knit one out of gold thread it'll be cheaper.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Me_Rock

Perhaps I could make one myself. The tricky part will be the T line!

Sin_Tiger

I don't recall paying more that about USD 30 from Jack Lilley for mine, have to check the receipts.

I know there ar least one company in the UK who will make up a silicone rubber house  sets in the UK to pattern as a mate of mine had a set custom made for his Rangie for less than USD 350, must be able too do it in the US if you really get stuck.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Me_Rock

I managed to fix the problem by positioning the thermostat under the hole and tightening a hose clamp around it. Fixed for $2.50!