News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Are tigers more likely to slide

Started by NZDeano, February 22, 2012, 03:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

That was me Bixxer Bob.

My 2006 model handled as well as most road bikes with road type tyres on it, no chicken strip left on the tyres and never had any slides in the dry, not many in the wet come to think of it. I also found it handled well loaded up as well.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

I knew someone would own up eventually :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NZDeano

Awesome guy's. Thanks heaps for the reply's. Gonna go out and ride the arse of this thing. : :(  :D  :lol:
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

NZDeano

Quote from: "Spud"Deano I am more than happy to come out and try out your "Tigger" just to make sure you will be nice and safe I may have to do a figure of 8 around the north and south island though  :roll:  cheers spud  :wink:

Awwww spud - it's so good to know that there are still such kind souls left in the world who are considering of my safety. I dont think I could ask such a sacrifice of you though, it would be a shit of a job. Maybe I should do that instead and save you the hassle. :lol:
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Note to self !! never follow Sin_Tiger  :shock:  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

KK

That probably explains why I am usually at the back of a group  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Advwannabe

Timbox has the right of this one, front end is more likely to let go, particularly on the gravel.

On Triple Tragic's and my run down to the island last weekend we did have a few issues with the rear spinning up on wet bitumen, but that was with Heidi K60s on.

The only time I've ever spun rear tourances, apart from a track day at Hidden valley, was on the Western side of Mt Glorius in QLD, a road renouned for leaf litter and moss.

Enjoy your Tigger mate, they grip beautifully leaned all the way over. The only thing that slows them down relitive to a full on sports bike is the rocking horse and weight transfer issues of having all that weight swinging around on long travel suspension.

I can't believe how much more planted the front end is in gravel with a more dirt worthy tire on, the bike was a pleasure to ride on the 400 odd miles of gravel roads and trails last weekend.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Warrior Princess

Quote from: "Yukon"I've got 31,000 on mine and ride the pavement fairly aggressively, never have I had the back end slide on me.  I have "dropped" the bike twice, once in the garage and once in a low speed maneuver (under 5 mph).  Because the bike fairly top heavy, if she decides she wants to go to sleep, there is not much that is going to stop her....hence the need for the bars.

Where to get a set of crash bars? 1996 Tiger 900 Steamer

Thanks
I am a licensed life ins agent (0I48619). If you have any questions or need a free review of your policy let me know. I can also help you with annuities and annuities with a life time payout.

I am also a Quickbooks Accountant that can set-up, train, correct errors, prepare your books for your taxes

deepsouthtiger

Lots of miles on mine, (this is my 3rd Triumph) and all 3 where dead on in twisties. Tiger as much as the Sprint and almost as good as the Speed3.
I have a heavy wrist (especially out of the turns) and always spot on, no slip.
 I live in a large community with over 50 miles of very twistie hill laden roads, diminishing radius turns off camber turns blind hairpins (I LOVE this hood!!!)   and have not had a single problem with the Tigger loosing grip at all, wet or dry.
 Now....that said bad tires can cause any bike to loose grip ....obvious, but felt I should state the obvious....
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

BigDan

Yeah, of all the bikes i've rode so far, the Tiger actually has the best grip when powering on out of corners.

Maybe its just the extra weight and not as much power... for example I rode an MV Augusta 1078 brutale, that would just try and kill you in every corner.

The Tiger is very confidence inspiring.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook