News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just like New

Started by Chris Canning, June 12, 2012, 05:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

We go on holiday to Italy in 4 weeks time and still can't make my mind up about going on the Tiger so having to prep two bikes for a last minute decision,but can't beat new chain and sprockets,almost as good as new tyres!!

fnjeep314

I just put on that exact JT 19T sprocket yesterday too! What did you go with in the rear? Did you stay at 46T or did you go to 43t? Thats a pretty new rear sprocket too!!
I do things!

Chris Canning

Those two sprockets must have been hanging on the wall 3 years(at least) so it's a straight replacement for what was on,there's another thread on here about the same,I'm not keen on 43,maybe ok one up,but two up with a pile of gear not great for riding in the Alps on tight hairpins requires a certain amount of clutch slip as it is,but there are others on here who reckon it's OK.

metalguru

Nice and clean in there too!!

On Tiger #2 had a 43 and it was fine, even off road light trailing and two up, engine is just so nice and torquey.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chad

ooooh BBBBBBBBBBling  :D Gold sprocket and  Dynomag wheels 8)

have to say Chris that is seriously clean in there :shock:  8)

ive just done the C+S on mine and as per the advice here i stayed with the STD rear and a 19 front and it feels pretty good , no real change in acceleration but a bit more relaxed up top
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Chris Canning

A combo or Wurth dry lube and lots of cleaning,god knows how many times the bike has been stripped 20+ times and most importantly it's never seen a winters day in it's life,strangely it has 33,000 on it,I reckon the 3000 has been done in the UK,the rest has been done in Europe.

fnjeep314

I wish I had mile stats like that! I have just over 3K that I have put on my bike and I haven't even left the state of California!! That will change soon. I am planning a trip to Oregon next month. Once I move back east, then I will make sure I explore the eastern seaboard.
I do things!

Chris Canning

Out of interest anyone use an alternative to a DIDZVM

Mustang

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Out of interest anyone use an alternative to a DIDZVM
I use these and they last forever with proper maint and they are not as expensive as DID, at least here in the states  

the 1 on tigger 2 is at 17,000 miles and counting still going strong ........
EK 530 SRO O-Ring Chain

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/ ... =SLIsearch