News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

helmets

Started by petermiles01, June 25, 2012, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

On my second HJC SY-Max (mk.2) which is one of the rare flip fronts that fits my misshapen bonce. It's comfy, reasonably quiet (very, with earplugs) and not too heavy. Has a flip down internal sunvisor which is brilliant and a washable liner/padding too.
The only other flip lid that fits me any better is the new Shoei Neotec but i'll have to save up for a long time before I can afford the £470 they want for it at present.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

Spud

Yellow C3 cheers Spud  :wink:

deepsouthtiger

Full face AGV ST4. Had 3 other brands previously but the aerodynamics of the AGV have worked the best for me to almost totally void the dreaded "buffeting" issue.
Highly recommend.  :D
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

River

Just purchased an Icon Variant Construct an on my second Shark Air
brum brum brum

AK Tiger

Shoei Hornet DS Sonora TC-8.  Kinda, but not really, matches my Lucifer Orange '05.  It's a well fitting and comfortable helmet, but has a propensity to fog easily in cool (25-40 degrees F) weather.  I've had it about 3 years.

Haven't had the opportunity to evaluate its ability to save my noodle from hard, damaging surfaces!  :BangHead
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

HockleyBoy

I alternate an Arai Viper GT and Shoe XR1000, the Arai is far superior in winter.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

When I saw this thought nope not going there but have had an interesting oddity turn up,I'm an Arai man,while we have both had open face RV's and still have e'm somewhere!!,and low spec what was Quantum F's,most of our miles have been done with firstly an RX7 then a Corsair.

To be honest have always looked in astonishment at the buffeting postings,or be it becuase we are two up or ride with a tankbag in front of me because we have never suffered any bar the what you expect on a bike,over the winter both bought RX7GP's now to look at all but identical to the previous helmets although the newer helmet use's a different visor so not that identical.

We do little miles in the UK with the Tiger and while we did a shake down run with the revalved Ohlins(in Wales) and even then nothing high speed suspected nothing,having been  preping the bike for the Mugello trip did a serious run out today and the buffeting was horrendous,went back home and changed helmets back to the old Corsair,gone in an instant!!!!