News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

funny handlin

Started by rybes, June 28, 2012, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin all  :D

last night me n Camilla was out on the bike and it felt as if the back tyre was flat as it felt a bit wobbly at the back. checked tyre pressures this mornin and all were ok. 40 rear 35 front.
been out on it today and the back still felt a bit wobbly. any ideas what it could be ? im thinkin maybe swingarm bearins. if it is, how do i check em to make sure their ok.

cheers all  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

Check your swingarm isn't cracked like mine did!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :roll:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

That's exactly what the 'Bird felt like when I tried non-standard taper bearings in the headstock.  Check there first cos I know you've done them recently.  Tapers are trickier to set up.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

cracked swingarm  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  were did it crack ?

ill check the head bearins tmora bob but it only feels like its at the rear half of the bike ?

Mustang

we need to know what wheel and more importantly forks do you have ?

rybes

i have on there mustang, the spoked wheel from a 2004 tiger and the front forks i think are kayabas ? theyve got drain screws at the bottom on a 1994

treewright

1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

rybes

just been outside and had a look and all the bearins seem ok. im startin to think that perhaps its the tyres causin probs as they are almost on the wear line and they have done around 10000 now. cant say ive had tyres cause handlin problems before so i didnt think to look at em until this mornin

treewright

Quote from: "rybes"just been outside and had a look and all the bearins seem ok. im startin to think that perhaps its the tyres causin probs as they are almost on the wear line and they have done around 10000 now. cant say ive had tyres cause handlin problems before so i didnt think to look at em until this mornin
yep could be when i finished off my anakee it was awful, new tourance on it now :)
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

rybes

cheers for that tree  :D  gettin new tyres tmora so hopefully itll be sorted.

finally the 3 spokes are gettin fitted  8)

JetdocX

Is your rear shock also from 1994?
From parts unknown.

rybes

it is jet but i rebuilt it when i rebuilt me bike the other year. so im rulin that out.

Nick Calne

Rybes it cracked at the wheel clamp. Most likely its tyres though.... Tigers dont like bad rubber...
Hope you get it sorted
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rybes

cheers nick. had a good look n theres no cracks to be seen anywhere on the arm.  :D  has to be the rubber. got tyres fitted to me 3 spokes yesterday so this week will see me fittin those finally  8)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"cheers nick. had a good look n theres no cracks to be seen anywhere on the arm.  :D  has to be the rubber. got tyres fitted to me 3 spokes yesterday so this week will see me fittin those finally  8)

About time mate  :D