News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Excellent 2001 885i Tiger for sale -**SOLD**

Started by indianmel, June 24, 2012, 06:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianmel

Hi all,

First post - and yes, it's to put my lovely 885 up for sale. I'd rather it went to someone who'd appreciate it for what it is!

So, details as follows.

It's a 2001 in Midnight Blue, in excellent condition having no expense spared over the last 4 years I've owned it. It comes complete with Truimph topbox (with back rest) and panniers, both colour coded, and the following extras...

New gel battery
    New throttle & spare cluth cable
    Touratech handguards
    MRA Vario screen
    New wing mirrors (old were pitted)
    Wilbers progressive fork springs
    NWS Hugger & Chain Guard
    Triumph race can & factory remap (OK for MOT!) - original exhaust included
    Dual headlight conversion with NIght Racer bulbs
    Clear Arrowhead LED indicators with new electronic relay
    Billet adjustable brake & clutch levers
    SW-Motech center stand
    Baglux tank bag and cover
    Meta alarm & immobiliser (plus two fobs)
    Front floating disc upgrade
    Triumph Gel seat front and rear - original included
    TomTom active satnav cradle (satnav not icluded)

Fully serviced in April including all fluids flushed, air & oil filters. Chain and sprockets replaced 5000 miles ago. Tyres are Michelin Anakees with plenty of life in the front, rear will need replacing soon. It's MOT'd til April 2013 and taxed until Sept of this year.

This is a superb bike in excellent condition for the year, and gets remarked upon regularly for its condition. It's never missed a beat in the 4 years I've owned it (I'm the 3rd owner) and has been meticulously maintained and kept in a warm, dry garage. You will not be disappointed!!

I'm selling purely to have a change - I've an itch to get a GS so regrettably the Triumph has to go.

Price - I'm asking £2750 with all extras.

Please feel free to ring on 01278 723485 or mail me at mcdonald.kay AT googlemail.com (replace the AT with @) for more detailed pictures.

Spud

Nice bike mate, you'll be sorry... but if you ever want to sell the tank bag and cover it should fit my 955 just give me a shout cheers Spud  :wink:

flaco

Spud's right- you'll be sorry. Well, I hope you won't, but I had three GSs before I discovered the Tiger and a world of character-building fun. Anyway, good luck with the sale.
kernow bys vyken

Chris Canning

Thats an interesting tank bag.

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Worryingly tidy garage. Where do keep your mess?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Spud

Quote from: "nickcalne"Worryingly tidy garage. Where do keep your mess?

In the house same as every other man  :roll:  cheers Spud  :wink:

indianmel

HI Tiger folks, my house and my garage are like my bike very tidy!!! NO mess here. MEL :wink:

indianmel