News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

That Metalguru chap !

Started by Chad, August 26, 2012, 04:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I guess if you go in with a bike that its good mechanically but is poorly set up , sort the problems+10 hp, there's your exception that can be your headline. Once you are in the door and got your bike on the dyno you are less likely to shout that you only achieved +5 hp.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

That was the point......On looking at the vid of these guys, there was no sign of any pre-dyno set up going on which made me suspicious. Even Tigers throttle bodies need to be exactly balanced or they will not run right. The Jap bikes are even worse.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Not sure what is meant by automated tuning. I have Tunedit as you know and its easier to use than TunEcu but better? I'm not sure about that.  Tunedit allows you to mess with ign timing which would give more power, but that's a dangerous playground.

Main point tho, Tunedit is bike specific. You need a licence key for every ECU. Of course, that would explain the cost. A key is about £200 if I remember rightly.  Unless his mate has reverse engineered Tunedit .....

If he's reading this he'll be pissing himself....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I can assure you gents this subject requires a great deal of home work,go to the GS forum you'll have to register and look on the GS1200 bit for Hilltop re-map.

Now the amount of power he gets ranging from his base run to the final is dubious to say the very least,and really is he's achilles heal apart from the price.
The problem being the number of satisfied punters who say how good it is,although to give a balanced view finding a punter who's just been releaved of £330/360 and the saying it's crap is highly unlikely.

I've a dam good idea how he does it,and I'm now waiting to have a map blown into my K1200(not by this guy).

John Stenhouse

But isn't that the way of the GS crowd Chris? They find something that one says is good and they all follow like sheep.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Hmmm,it's not only the GS he does other bikes and there are other threads on diffrent sites,I'm the the worlds worsed non beleaver,so I've had to force myself to call him not guilty untill proven otherwise.

His figures are a nonsense,the end figure is so so,the base line is tosh,but can all that many people be wrong,and I've seen the same posted about R1200s's and k1200's???

Now for years the norm has been to fit a piggy back of some sort Rapid bike/PC,we live in an ever more high tech world so logic dictates that things will move one,I had to go into full blown Sherlock Holmes mode to find out WTF was/is going on.

The Reverse Engineering ECU in google takes you in the right direction which then allowed me to and ask more questions in various quarters(with people I know and trust),I then find it's all about blowing maps straight into the ECU,it's been around a couple of years bike wise,but is now coming on a pace at a 100mph for the simple reason there's a lot of money to be made,I see the guy on the GS forum reckons he can do 8 or 9 in a day at £330 in groups of 4 or £360 on your own!!!!!

Yes there's a financial investment,but it's peanuts in comparison with what can be earned,and for the punter there's no outlay for a PC etc,the irony were spoiled with 955 because we don't have that problem.