News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear brake caliper

Started by DagT140E, July 05, 2012, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DagT140E

Good Morning,
  I have a 2003 Tiger. While going over everything in prep for an 8 day trip I noticed when I grab the rear brake caliper I get a slight amount of play. Is this normal? The brake seem to work just fine. All the mounting bolts are tight. The play seems to be at the upper pin that has the rubber sleeve around it. Thanks , Dave
1978 T140E Triumph Bonneville
2003 Triumph Tiger

Mustang

It'll be fine ..I have two steamers that are like that .Many thousands of miles later still fine .

DagT140E

Ah good. One less thing to be paranoid about. Just had a mechanic from NH return my call and said the same thing. I've got 100% confirmation from the state of New Hampshah. Thanks
2003 Triumph Tiger

Mustang

DagT140E

The Gaspe penninsula. You been up there?
2003 Triumph Tiger

Mustang

nope .....do a ride report when you get back

JTT

Quote from: "DagT140E"The Gaspe penninsula. You been up there?
Nice country!  The Northern tip is particularly nice.  #299 is nice, slicing through the middle and following the river.  If your feeling adventurous try some of the offshoot roads.  If they don't start out gravel, they rapidly turn to gravel.  Good exploring.

Don't be shy of signs like this.  Tigers climb well :)  This is a tower road up on the northern part of the peninsula....great views

The view is worth the hill

Cool ocean views abound

Enjoy!
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

DagT140E

Thanks for those pics JTT. We had a great trip. Stayed on the coastal route pretty much the whole way. Did take a side trip into the Chic-Choc Mountains where we did some gravel roads.
I'm from Maine, so we entered Canada at Jackman. On to Quebec City and North along the St. Lawrence River. Took 6 days.
Having trouble loading pictures. Isn't there a link for instructions somewhere.
2003 Triumph Tiger

Mustang

DagT140E

The BBcode seems to work. The HTML link didn't. Anyway, A great place to take your motorcycle, and the Tiger ran flawlessly for 1600 miles. The wind could be hellacious at times (hence all the wind farms on the horizon)

Perce rock endview by dag2072003, on Flickr

Perce rock by dag2072003, on Flickr

North coast Gaspe penninsula by dag2072003, on Flickr

Cliffs at Follion National Park by dag2072003, on Flickr
2003 Triumph Tiger

Mustang

Its because you have HTML turned off in your profile settings
I looked  8)

Chad

Quote from: "DagT140E"The BBcode seems to work. The HTML link didn't. Anyway, A great place to take your motorcycle, and the Tiger ran flawlessly for 1600 miles. The wind could be hellacious at times (hence all the wind farms on the horizon)

Perce rock endview by dag2072003, on Flickr

Perce rock by dag2072003, on Flickr

North coast Gaspe penninsula by dag2072003, on Flickr

Cliffs at Follion National Park by dag2072003, on Flickr

WOW  8)  8)  8)  8) that looks nice :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

JTT

Nice shots Dag!  It is very pretty country for sure.  Did you get a chance to go into old Quebec City and explore?  It's also very nice and historic.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

DagT140E

Thanks JTT, skirted by QC this time but I've been there several times before. A friend from Maine was going to school up there for a couple of years so we had a place to stay right in the city. It is a nice city. Is it true that they don't allow motorcycles in the old part of the city anymore?
2003 Triumph Tiger

JTT

Quote from: "DagT140E"Thanks JTT, skirted by QC this time but I've been there several times before. A friend from Maine was going to school up there for a couple of years so we had a place to stay right in the city. It is a nice city. Is it true that they don't allow motorcycles in the old part of the city anymore?

Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, it's true.  Another victim of obnoxious open pipe pirates.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C