News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pre-load adjuster

Started by NZDeano, July 20, 2012, 01:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Another typical newby question guys.
My pre-load adjustment cannister - from what I have read that to adjust this you have to use a spanner, but I can just turn the whole thing easily with my fingers and the whole cannister turns including the top nut. Is this what is supposed to be happening? When I do it the suspension is definetly changed so I know it isnt just turning / spinning without actually re-setting it? :?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Spud

I use a spanner but it does not require a lot of effort, it's a fairly easy turn and a click

I would of thought you would not of needed all that finger and forearm strenght with all those sheep about  :oops:   :wink:  .

The whole sleeve actually turns and goes up and down you take the reading off the bottom of the sleeve

I will try it with my finger but I have very soft hands  :lol:  not sure if i could turn thre thing by hand cheers Spud  :wink:

NZDeano

Quote from: "Spud"I use a spanner but it does not require a lot of effort, it's a fairly easy turn and a click

I would of thought you would not of needed all that finger and forearm strenght with all those sheep about  :oops:   :wink:  .

The whole sleeve actually turns and goes up and down you take the reading off the bottom of the sleeve

I will try it with my finger but I have very soft hands  :lol:  not sure if i could turn thre thing by hand cheers Spud  :wink:

Thanks Spud, Ok so the whole thing is meant to turn eh! So what I am turning is the actual cannister / sleeve up & down  and the nut turns with it. Yeah, not sure I could turn it if I was just trying to turn the nut only, but by gripping the whole thing it turns easily / effortlessly infact.
Now about those sheep. latest statistics are saying there is approx 80-90 million sheep in NZ and only 4 million people. You would think we are all living with them, but there are none where I live (except in the freezer) and I have to travel (on my tiger) for many miles to see one. Birds & bush is all I see when I look out my window!!! :lol:
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Spud

Spanner or socket on nut at top, turn that you will feel and hear a click for each adjustment.

If i get over in december I'll have a look and may even bring you a sheep (for the freezer) from the Mrs family farm near Gore cheers Spud  :wink: