News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking at a 2002 Girly

Started by cba191, August 01, 2012, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

400 miles today. I love this bike!  The seat needs some work though. 600 tomorrow to get her home. :)
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

JetdocX

Congratulations on the re-biking project, Ben! 8)

The Girly is a fun machine to ride.
From parts unknown.

Chad

that sure is a nice shiny beast Ripe for some farkling 8)

enjoy  :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

cba191

The crash bars were delivered tuesday. Trying to decide if the factory seat is as bad as I think or if two years without riding had a softening effect on my butt. Did 500 hundred miles today. It was better than yesterday though. Lol

Chad

Quote from: "cba191"The crash bars were delivered tuesday. Trying to decide if the factory seat is as bad as I think or if two years without riding had a softening effect on my butt. Did 500 hundred miles today. It was better than yesterday though. Lol

i never got on with the std seat i found it to soft , i now have a corbin its rock hard but it just feels like you can sit on it forever :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "cba191"Did 500 hundred miles today.

Nice, that's a brochure pic though surely, must be some muck on it by now, did you forget your camera  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mini Mo

It you can find and original Triumph gel seat go for it. Found one for my '99 and I love it. More room to move around but watch where you park it on a hot day!
1999 Tiger
2006 KTM 450 EXC
1971 Honda CB750

Chris Canning

Quote from: "cba191"The crash bars were delivered tuesday. Trying to decide if the factory seat is as bad as I think or if two years without riding had a softening effect on my butt. Did 500 hundred miles today. It was better than yesterday though. Lol

A thinker :D ,we've done a 1000 miles in a day on our Tiger,but we had been on the road for two weeks when we did it we were race fit so to speak,when we went to Mugello the other week we knew it would be tough because we hadn't done any warm up trips this year before hand,the seat has nothing to do with it.

Re the factory gel seat,one of the 21st centuries great horrors,great for riding round the block on,long distance an absolute nightmare.

Sin_Tiger

Beg to differ on gel seats Chris, maybe it depends on the bike or the bum. I did 3000 kicks over a weekend on my Striple with a factory gel seat and was very happy with it, just before I sold her I gave a mate the gel seat and felt the difference alright  :shock: .

Having said that, definitely don't leave it uncovered in the blazing sun :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Lucky for me I have a reference point my wife!! without prompting 'What do you think' yea me too I reply  :( ,from taking notice of the tosh on the net :oops:  to buying e'm a 3000 trip and selling e'm back on ebay took all of 4 weeks,but hey you live and learn.

Anyone thinking of trying one,not a problem there's still a reasonable market on ebay,so with luck you should be able to unload e'm without too much of a loss.

For those thinking about them,the first few miles(100/150) were pretty dam good in fact very good, but as the day wore on they were like sitting on a park bench,almost as if they had set solid,I'm cringing even thinking about it,If folk decide to buy just don't pay over the odds,it's not an expensive experiment then.

As for leaving them in the sun :shock:  :D

Sin_Tiger

cba191