News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plug Wrench source

Started by Hossboro, August 10, 2012, 01:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossboro

Anyone have any idea where I can get the OEM plug spanner for my 1997 Tiger, Have tried everywhere and they all do the long reach one which is fine for 1&3 but no good for No 2 plug.
Tried all over.

North East England
1997 Tiger Volcanic Red

Bixxer Bob

Someone nearby should be able to lend you one but, if not,  the easiest solution (working from memory) would be buy a long box (tube) spanner the right size,  cut it down till it'll go in and get a piece of flat bar welded across the top. Most garages will do the weld for you.

And I think  most Triumph toolkits had the spanner not just the early Tiger so look widely.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

I got a cheapie box type spanner from Halfords, and cut it down to fit.

Cost about £3 i think.

Hossboro

Did manage to cobble something together to get it out, but will have to start looking further afield for better solution in future, oh and tried local dealer, only thing was they wanted £40 for the whole tool kit wow.

North East England
1997 Tiger Volcanic Red

PompeyLad

I took the cheapo box/tube spanner route and cut it down to length then welded in an old 3/8 drive socket that fitted inside the tube. Works a treat.
 :)

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

that plug spanner will not fit down the hole with that philips bit welded to the side like that .