News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pacific coast Highway

Started by daveb, August 03, 2012, 05:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

I plan to ride the Pacific coast highway in 5 years time, big b'day

don't know if self tour or guided tour, I know its a long way away but there could be at least 6 off us, so planning is key.

Anyone ridden this route, north to south.

Mustang

it;s fun
bring lots and lots of money.
seriously

daveb

Quote from: "Mustang"it;s fun
bring lots and lots of money.
seriously

its expensive to stop n shop en route? me and my bro wanted route 66 but the 2 SWMBO said we cant manage almost 3 weeks on the back of the bike.  :shock:  I did offer to leave mine at home, I'd thought I had gone deaf for a few days  :D she dfidn't speak to me.

Hopefully by the time I go, I can find A triumph explorer to rent  :twisted:

Sin_Tiger

Leave which at home, the Tiger or the Tigress  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Leave which at home, the Tiger or the Tigress  :wink:

leave SWMBO at home, hopefully I can get to hire an exploerer when I go, planning to go around end of March.

Bixxer Bob

Have a really good look at shipping your own bike. Over 3 weeks the costs used to be about the same.  Anylonger and you're in pocket
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Have a really good look at shipping your own bike. Over 3 weeks the costs used to be about the same.  Anylonger and you're in pocket

its an idea, but I use the bike every day for commuting to work.

Although someone mentioned buying a bike over in the USA riding it for 2 to 3 weeks then shipping it back, converting to UK headlight etc, then sell it. it could pay for the holiday.

shipping cost, import duty, I need to check on IVA (SVA) although the bike would be 2nd hand.

so its all up in the air at the moment, loads of things to consider.

Sin_Tiger

Youwouldn'tthink at our age you would wish the years away but that just might make you do it
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"You wouldn't think at our age you would wish the years away but that just might make you do it

they say you are only as old as the woman you feel - i feel like a 25yr old but cant get my hands on one.

ooops SWMBO just saw this - not happy.

I got a few things planned holiday wise before the big trip, but Swmbo is looking at her big b'day - 2 weeks in Maldives. I can leave her on beach and i can go off snorkelling

so 2 big dates only a few years apart so I need to save

NeilD

i drove from San Francisco down to San Diego in a car a few years ago.... doing the SF-LA bit on a Hardley in just over a months time  :D  I'm doing a 2 week guided tour - mainly because i was going on my own, and didnt really want to do it on my own.. yes not the cheapest way, but not something i plan to do every year so who cares  :D

daveb

Quote from: "NeilD"i drove from San Francisco down to San Diego in a car a few years ago.... doing the SF-LA bit on a Hardley in just over a months time  :D  I'm doing a 2 week guided tour - mainly because i was going on my own, and didnt really want to do it on my own.. yes not the cheapest way, but not something i plan to do every year so who cares  :D

Great Neil, hopefully you can add to this post on your return.

who you booked with?

NeilD

oh yes I'll be boring everyone with my holiday snaps  :D

booked with HC travel on their 'wild west' tour, so fly in to LA then out to monument valley/grand canyon and las vegas, then up to san francisco and back down to LA to fly home...   :D

daveb

Quote from: "NeilD"oh yes I'll be boring everyone with my holiday snaps  :D

booked with HC travel on their 'wild west' tour, so fly in to LA then out to monument valley/grand canyon and las vegas, then up to san francisco and back down to LA to fly home...   :D

I will read and study the pics for future knowledge  :D plus i have sent this link onto my bro who is riding the trip with me. plus a few others.

possible expect loads of question from me on your return   :lol:

Kiwitex

Dave, I have ridden the PCH North to South, and plan to do so again.
What are you looking to do and how much time are you planning on spending on this ride?

KT
He's just sleeping.....