News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pacific coast Highway

Started by daveb, August 03, 2012, 05:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Quote from: Kiwitex on April 23, 2013, 12:31:26 AM
Dave, I have ridden the PCH North to South, and plan to do so again.
What are you looking to do and how much time are you planning on spending on this ride?

KT

KT, still in the planning stage, but 2 weeks is the plan plus possibly 1 week relaxing after the ride at a hotel.  its a plan for my Twin bro and me for out 50th b'day coming up in 5 years. I have been advised by one of the customers for work who is a tv presenter / distance rider, not to go as far as LA as you could end up as road kill.  So San Fran down to where ever. dont know if we are looking at a tour or self drive at the mo.
perhaps some guys on here could suggest, but would need to hire a couple or more bikes as a few friends might come along for the journey too.  If self ride then I will be looking for Triumphs to ride

Cheers

Dave

NeilD

we rode the PCH on our trip from SF down to drop the bikes off in LA...  its good in parts but after the fab ride we'd had for the rest of the trip a slight anti climax.. not that it was bad, just that the rest was better!  the weather didnt help as it was quite murky...

20120926_100226 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

stayed at an excellent hotel  at Pismo Beach...   :hat10

20120926_170902 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

mrpieman01

hi there, have done the pac coast highway and route 66 , rented a bike from HC Travel in oxen,run by a david grist this is the best place to start looking, if not look at the eagleriders website a us based bike rental firm who do triumphs, harleys and bmw.

daveb

Quote from: mrpieman01 on August 24, 2013, 01:00:30 PM
hi there, have done the pac coast highway and route 66 , rented a bike from HC Travel in oxen,run by a david grist this is the best place to start looking, if not look at the eagleriders website a us based bike rental firm who do triumphs, harleys and bmw.

Did you have a guided tour or self guide?

just watched again Henry Cole's Worlds Greatest Motorcycle Rides - Pacific coast highway

After talking to Henry a few months ago, he suggested PCH then go to the desert route Las Vegas, Joshua Tree then back to San Fran.....

Think I need to plan a route

At the moments Henry is on the Bonneville Salt flats trying to set a land speed record on a Brough Superior.
http://garysusatour.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-great-day-on-bonneville-salt-flats.html