News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pennsylvania (near areas) Girly Owners Out There?

Started by mvg2, August 07, 2012, 04:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg2

I'm beginning my quest of motorcycle shopping and am torn.  It has boiled down to battle between the Versys and a Girly.  I have owned a versys and really enjoyed my time with it, but,...I am really magnetized to the Girly.

Problem is, I have never ridden a Girly and all the one's that are for sale are a good hike away which makes it difficult for me to commit to a trip when I don't know if I'll like the bike or not. (Insert comments here! :D)

Sooo.....I'm curious if there are any very generous Girly owners over here in the Pennsylvania area who would be willing to let me have a quick test ride (I feel pretty uncomfortable asking this..)?

If it is any consolation, I can have cash in hand and you can lead the test ride on my Blackbird if you wish.

You can Pm me here or email me at mailto:mikevgavin@yahoo.com">mikevgavin@yahoo.com

Thanks!
-Mike

Spud

Have a look in the "for sale" area cheers Spud  :wink:

Gravity Tester

Rochester Ny Close enough? could make it down to the border Ny/Pa but your still looking at 4-5 hours sorry.

mvg2

Hey Spud thanks for the heads up! What a strange matter of timing  :)

Gravity tester

Thank you so much for extending an invitation to check it out.  I may have to take you up on it some time! Actually I may have found a Girly on the other side of the state that I may be looking at soon.  But if it falls through I can't turn down a nice ride to northern PA /southern NY  :D

Bixxer Bob

With a Blackbird and a Girly, you just need a 350cc Yam for the set!! :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mvg2

Gravity Tester I'm sending you a Pm here in a sec....

I've noticed your sig line before and got a chuckle out of it Bixxer Bob.  To add to it, I was talking recently to a buddy about how I really wanted an old yamaha RD 2 smoker  :)

ddavidv

I'm in the same boat, looking to move up from a KLR to a Girly but can't find one to even sit on around here (middle part of the state). If anyone can help please PM. Not opposed to a fly-n-ride purchase but not before I can at least check out the ergo's.

mvg2

ddavidv
I happened to meet a very generous Girly owner (and many other bikes!) who let me test ride his Girly as he rode my blackbird.  Needless to say, I'm now looking at a Girly tomorrow :D   If I do purchase the bike, you're more than welcome to come over to Steeler county and give her a spin.  I'll pm you if I purchase the bike tomorrow.

ddavidv

Well that would be epic. And I am a Steeler fan, so we will get along just fine.  :wink:

mvg2

Test ride accomplished and grin achieved. Sooo.....Got me a 03 Lucifer orange Tiger on Sunday!   :D

ddavid if you want to take her out for a little spin let me know.  We'll be able to work something out.  Since it's preseason, even a "stiller" game day could potentially work.

Mike